Take a kid fishing!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

Took my grandson to the pond with his new pole. Too hot to stay very long, but he caught a few. 5 years old, casts pretty good!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
The world is a special place through a grandson's eyes.
You ain't kidding. I'm trying to help raise him right, country life. Had him on the river in the canoe last week, he had a blast & so did I. This fall he's heading to the squirrel woods with me!
Like most kids, the challenge is teaching them to sit still & be quiet for any amount of time..

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That is awesome. My son takes my grandson out fishing all the time. Very impressed with that. I never get invited. Lol

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
You ain't kidding. I'm trying to help raise him right, country life. Had him on the river in the canoe last week, he had a blast & so did I. This fall he's heading to the squirrel woods with me!
Like most kids, the challenge is teaching them to sit still & be quiet for any amount of time..

Amen brother. That's why the wife and I bought the place we did. 10 acres with a river running through it. My boys can hunt, fish, kayak, ride quads, make as much noise as they want and just be boys.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Sounds like you need to throw a guilt trip (and maybe supply the beer) on your son & get an invite next time!
Little bitch has a killer boat. He drinks enough of my crap when he comes over. He’s also marine ops at the fire department. I want to go on that boat. 35’ with twin 350’s.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
All my son wants to do is go fishing. I slapped a wooden bobber on his pole with no hook and he practices casting with it. He is really getting the hang of it for only being 3.
0f558ca7ead86cfcde85088353d58227.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Little bitch has a killer boat. He drinks enough of my crap when he comes over. He’s also marine ops at the fire department. I want to go on that boat. 35’ with twin 350’s.
Dang Man, I'd be hitting him up. Get on the fish, have a feast & put the rest in the freezer.
We were in Florida a few years ago, chartered a boat, had a blast. And brought home big bunch of fish. Only went 20 miles out but the guide kept us on the fish. I'd not go back WITHOUT getting on the water. Plus, inland largemouth fishing, I'd have a hard time holding down a job if I lived there.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Great picture Doug. Looks like you have him headed down the right path. Congrats to you.
You know me too well Tag, I'm trying to raise him old school. It seems to be a lost art these days.
Catch fish, clean fish. Scout deer, hunt deer. I've got big plans for him & hope to do my best to keep him interested in "real things".

nxhappy

Established Member
man thats so friggen cool. I hope one day I'll take my daughter out on the lake and teach her how to cast out. She's also getting a dirt bike at a young age hahaha. Congrats man, enjoy the smiles.

_Snake_

Established Member

I’m not too far away from you guys. Just sayin’. :)

Users who are viewing this thread