T70 6.0l lsx 88 coupe first start up

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'm the same way and thats because we are true car guys. I like anything if its nice and if someone has worked hard for it and built it them selves that makes it that much better.:beer:

Still...vnomis aint impressed, so....

32361310.jpg

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
So really, how much power can one of these LSX engines handle?

School me, in newish with LSX stuff.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Jesus ****ing Christ you people get so mad over one opinion. I'll leave it at this. Nice car OP. Hope it's everything you had hoped for.

jleews6

Established Member
So really, how much power can one of these LSX engines handle?

School me, in newish with LSX stuff.

A local 99 Mustang with a junkyard 5.3 ( about $500 )with a cam and a turbo runs mid 5s @130. Everything else is stock including ,heads,intake and shortblock. Its been doing this for a while and still runs great. Keep in mind this is mid 8s @160 in the 1/4 with a $1200 motor.:eek:

My friend has a 6.0L in his extended cab 4WD pickup the motor is stock other then the cam and a turbo and he runs mid 6s with it and tows his car to the track with it. It is also his daily driver.

Im a Ford guy but for the money there is nothing that comes close.

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
awesome.

I have had quite the debate with many people lately about which motor to put into my 89 fox. I decided to run a dart block 331... I'm shooting for the car to make 1,000rwhp, so I figure I'll just (hopefully) have to build only one short block. Plus I like keeping a ford, a ford.... and I'm sure my lil SBF will boogie just fine.

GT45r with billet internals, true ball bearing.... ready to crush some ass in the next few months.

jleews6

Established Member
awesome.

I have had quite the debate with many people lately about which motor to put into my 89 fox. I decided to run a dart block 331... I'm shooting for the car to make 1,000rwhp, so I figure I'll just (hopefully) have to build only one short block. Plus I like keeping a ford, a ford.... and I'm sure my lil SBF will boogie just fine.

GT45r with billet internals, true ball bearing.... ready to crush some ass in the next few months.

Your car should fly and I think that alot of people miss understand the reason for going to an LS platform. Its no doubt that the SBF can make the power. I know I have been doing it for years but to make big power you need a block,crank and aftermarket heads and intake. Now your talking alot of money.
That where the LS motor comes in. You can buy one from the junkyard for less then $500 and make big power and like any motor if the tune is on it will last a long time.
Its not that its better then the aftermarket SBF its just a money thing. The Mustang I listed above runs mid 5s @130 mph with a junkyard motor with about 800 dollars in parts.

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
No doubt, I like both options! I also had a lot of pieces such as my tko600 and other sbf specific parts at my disposal versus wanting to get things that will mate up to the ls motor.

AT any rate, it will be a bad ass car for all parties involved. Looking forward to seeing it out there OP.

1bad03snake