T70 6.0l lsx 88 coupe first start up

6.0GTO

Established Member
Projects like these are great fun. Probably going to hurt some feelings with it once it is sorted out. Did you go with an FI cam or is it stock?

These threads always fire up the purists. I am curious though as it has been stated before you can build an equal power Ford pushrod motor. Why go with an LS and the additional costs of adapting it to bolt up. I like it.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
Its a built 6.0 with a speed inc tu1 cam. Its cheaper to swap a ls in a fox than buy a shortblock that will hold 700hp. I used a ford 302 on3 performance turbo kit and swapped it to ls1 flanges

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
It will definitely shit and get but it seems everybody and their mother have a fox with a LSX in it. Just not that impressive anymore imo.

61mmstang94

Established Member
It will definitely shit and get but it seems everybody and their mother have a fox with a LSX in it. Just not that impressive anymore imo.

Hes probably so sad.

well, I guess he couldn't "impress" everyone and we know the Internet is full of people that will not be "impressed" by anything. :rollseyes

What's your setup?

Last edited:

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
Im not worried about impressing anyone. The car will speak for itself. This is my second lsx swap and first turbo swap. I used as many ford parts as I could to keep costs down. This car is going to hurt some feelings. 2700lbs and 600hp on E85 should make for a hell of a ride. I'll finish the few things in order to get it streetable this week and have it professionally tuned. I bought HP tuners but that shit is complicated.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Im not worried about impressing anyone. The car will speak for itself. This is my second lsx swap and first turbo swap. I used as many ford parts as I could to keep costs down. This car is going to hurt some feelings. 2700lbs and 600hp on E85 should make for a hell of a ride. I'll finish the few things in order to get it streetable this week and have it professionally tuned. I bought HP tuners but that shit is complicated.

Yeah, it is not impressive until you put the hammer down and it pins your f*cking ears back! This is going to rip, but you are probably too small on the turbo. I have a 5.3 and an 80mm. However, you have a really light car, mine is 3100.

Whoever says you can do a SBF for the same money...show me a SBF I can buy at a junkyard for under $500 that will hold over 1,000 HP all day. I am a Ford nut, but you can't argue with these LSx motors for bang for the buck value.

Mike

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
Yeah, it is not impressive until you put the hammer down and it pins your f*cking ears back! This is going to rip, but you are probably too small on the turbo. I have a 5.3 and an 80mm. However, you have a really light car, mine is 3100.

Whoever says you can do a SBF for the same money...show me a SBF I can buy at a junkyard for under $500 that will hold over 1,000 HP all day. I am a Ford nut, but you can't argue with these LSx motors for bang for the buck value.

Mike
I had a GT45 and the hood wouldnt close lol, so either mad max the hood or get a smaller turbo...
Did you buy Matt's fairmont? I have been emailing him back and forth about tunes. I think I'm giving up on the HP tuners and going to have KP racing handle things

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I had a GT45 and the hood wouldnt close lol, so either mad max the hood or get a smaller turbo...
Did you buy Matt's fairmont? I have been emailing him back and forth about tunes. I think I'm giving up on the HP tuners and going to have KP racing handle things

Yeah, I am the new abuser of the Fairmont. Matt is building a TT Silverado now with GT35s. This is my favorite toy car, ever. I took it to a dyno day today with all kinds of high dollar iron and it was the #1 most popular car there. Also would have set the high mark for the day, but there was an issue reading RPM with the Microsquirt.

Mike

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Hes probably so sad.

well, I guess he couldn't "impress" everyone and we know the Internet is full of people that will not be "impressed" by anything. :rollseyes

What's your setup?

I'm sorry you're butthurt by my opinion. :shrug: LSX in a fox is not impressive to me anymore sorry. That's why I said imo. He's not here to impress me either. He did what he wanted with his car. Good for him that's what modding is about. Just an opinion don't be mad.

Last edited:

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry you're butthurt by my opinion. :shrug: LSX in a fox is not impressive to me anymore sorry. That's why I said imo. He's not here to impress me either. He did what he wanted with his car. Good for him that's what modding is about. Just an opinion don't be mad.

Neither is a SBF/BBF in a Fox when you think about it. What are you wanting, a Ferrari V12 to be impressed? When it shits all over you at the track or on the street, you can sit there with your thumb up your ass all you want, but the damn motors are the best bang for the buck around. All the Ford nuthuggers are just pissed that an LSX looks more at home in a Fox body than a SBF does.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

I'm sure the OP is going to take that awesome setup out now because you aren't impressed with it. Next time he should just stick with using whatever you want.

If it was a hack job install, flame away... But it looks like a very good quality build. So there's no need to throw him under the bus.

OP, that's one sick car you got there. Make sure to post up more vids of this thing in action when you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread