T70 01 cobra vs bolt on LS3 C6.....who wins?

CobraKid04

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-kill-drive-thru-34/775995-kb-cobra-vs-zr1-corvette.html

Tell ur friend learn how to drive that is a roll vs a zr1 in only a 600rwhp KB COBRA

I was thinking the same thing.

so a poorly driven vette that is down 70hp from the cobra ran even....

If that vette was driven right the cobra would have been toast.

also the vette that killed the 660hp KB cobra was set up perfect for the street and was driven like a mad man....you should watch the vid( i think its in pics a vids). it was nasty driving.

here it is.....http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/777070-2-2-kb-cobra-vs-08-ls3-corvette.html

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
so a poorly driven vette that is down 70hp from the cobra ran even....

If that vette was driven right the cobra would have been toast.

also the vette that killed the 660hp KB cobra was set up perfect for the street and was driven like a mad man....you should watch the vid( i think its in pics a vids). it was nasty driving.

here it is.....http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/777070-2-2-kb-cobra-vs-08-ls3-corvette.html

Like to see the dyno sheet of that cobra because I have a hard time believing that cobra put down 660rwhp with 2.2 at 19psi.

CobraKid04

Established Member
we raced 3 times.....I lost 2 of the 3....close races none the less.

20 roll till 120 lost by 1 car

40 roll till 120 lost by 1 car

Dig won by 2 or 3 although the honks were hard to hear so it wasn't the cleanest run.

I think if we would have gone till 140 i could have come back a little (not enough to win), but it would have been even closer...

JDrake has the vid, but the quality is sub par....but u get the idea.

the ls3 didn't have enough to hold of the cobra, but all the guys were cool as hell so I had a great time.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
we raced 3 times.....I lost 2 of the 3....close races none the less.

20 roll till 120 lost by 1 car

40 roll till 120 lost by 1 car

Dig won by 2 or 3 although the honks were hard to hear so it wasn't the cleanest run.

I think if we would have gone till 140 i could have come back a little (not enough to win), but it would have been even closer...

JDrake has the vid, but the quality is sub par....but u get the idea.

the ls3 didn't have enough to hold of the cobra, but all the guys were cool as hell so I had a great time.

Good runs, guess the cobra couldnt get traction from a dig?

Yup... I still say the Cobra needs 20 or so more to win. Hopefully they'll race soon so we can find out. I'm not taking anything away from the Cobra- it sounds like a great car. I just don't think it has enough to beat this Vette. It won't be too much of a difference but a win is a win.

You were saying?

corysmach1

Established Member

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great runs!!! Fast Cobra BTW! Proved me wrong.. did the Vette have any passengers? Now I'm curious by how much my brother will beat me by. Do you still have stock 01 IRS?

corysmach1

Established Member
Great runs!!! Fast Cobra BTW! Proved me wrong.. did the Vette have any passengers? Now I'm curious by how much my brother will beat me by. Do you still have stock 01 IRS?

I knew the cobra had the power to win i just didnt know if he could drive as I have never seen the car run....and yes the vette had a passenger as well

CobraKid04

Established Member

what do you have and what does your bro have? I may have missed it.

T76 Mach

Established Member
When I had my T70 lon ow boost 10psi it made 505rwhp and would walk my buddies bolt on LS3.So I say its the Cobras race at 470whp.A Cam in the Vette changes everything

JDrake

Established Member

its bone stock... i cut the coils and thats it. If i had to guess that would be my problem.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
what do you have and what does your bro have? I may have missed it.

Basic 03 Cobra mods made 462 on dyno. Brother's Vette made 418-420 same dyno. His is the basic LS3 with the Z06 Carbon body. I'm sure he'll take the win just gotta find out by how much.

Users who are viewing this thread