T70 01 cobra vs bolt on LS3 C6.....who wins?

CobraKid04

Established Member
Normally I don't post a who is ganna win thread, but I was curious what everyone thinks...

It will be against my buddies t70 01 cobra with 470rwhp and 450rwtp full weight. vs my GS with mods in sigs(419hp, 418tq). He is a member here so I will try to get him to post.

We are both on street tires and the first race will most likely be 40-130. Lets say both drivers are equal. we should be racing sometime in the next few days.

and yes there will be a vid.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I think its gonna be tough for you to pull out a win against him, but anything can happen on the street.

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Win goes to the Corvette easily. Turbo cobra will spin on street tires and lose and then their is the weight factor and aerodynamics that will put the vette out in front by about 2-3 cars.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Id say there is about a 400 lb differnece factoring in the 01 Cobra and the added weight?

Id say a good run but you need a tune and I think that would change the tace to your advanatage,.

Get that tune and your easily over 430 rwhp

CobraKid04

Established Member
^I have a tune...I didn't put a T-stat so my tuner didn't put as much timing...

CobraKid04

Established Member
Win goes to the Corvette easily. Turbo cobra will spin on street tires and lose and then their is the weight factor and aerodynamics that will put the vette out in front by about 2-3 cars.

I don't no about 2-3 cars, I think it will be a nail biter till about 100 and he will pull a car.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would say Vette all the way. I would be very curious however what would your outcome be, seeing that Vette has similar power as my brothers LS3 (minus the GS style) vs my Cobra. Should be the same as mine except I have my stock 3.27 gears from the 01.

Last edited:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Cobra, given equal drivers and everything is right with the car.

goat-ee

Established Member
The Vette should be in the 11's with the mods (know a guy with a BONE STOCK LS3 A6 that has run as quick as 12 teens and always in the 12.30's @ around 117mph). My 62mm turbo Cobra with similar horsepower as the 01 your running has run 11.7's @ nearly 122mph. I would think from a dig the Cobra might be in trouble. Roll race should be very close with the Vette pulling a little once into triple digits. But close either way!!

Last edited:

JDrake

Established Member
I made 480rhwp/454rwtq at 9psi. The only other mod i have is a tubular k member with coil overs. I figure i weigh around 3400.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

I don't know about 2-3 cars but the Vette should have this one in the bag. There is a 50rwhp disparity- the Cobra will need another 25+ rwhp to win this one.

corysmach1

Established Member
IMO- If both racers are equal this race should be very close...I know Mike is a great driver and his car is strong but so is a 480rwhp cobra. Race could go either way. The Cobra should be a monster up top. But the vette has great aerodynamics. To many variables to choose...cant wait to see the vid!!

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
vette wins. my buddy has a 660hp kb cobra and got beat by a cam only and bolton ls3 vette

wma8706

Established Member
Most likely the vette untill this cobra slaps on a motor that can handle the true potential of the T70 hair dryer!

Users who are viewing this thread