T70 01 cobra vs bolt on LS3 C6.....who wins?

CobraKid04

Established Member
I made 480rhwp/454rwtq at 9psi. The only other mod i have is a tubular k member with coil overs. I figure i weigh around 3400.

Thanks for posting bro!

if all goes as planned, it should go down this monday.

mach1gsxr

Established Member
I don't no about 2-3 cars, I think it will be a nail biter till about 100 and he will pull a car.

I don't know about 2-3 cars but the Vette should have this one in the bag. There is a 50rwhp disparity- the Cobra will need another 25+ rwhp to win this one.

I said 2-3 because once the boost hits on the cobra he will break loose on street tires. Unless his street tires are drag radials then it is a whole other story.

JDrake

Established Member
I don't know about 2-3 cars but the Vette should have this one in the bag. There is a 50rwhp disparity- the Cobra will need another 25+ rwhp to win this one.

There is only a 100lb difference here... this is not a c6 z06 vs a termi, its a grand sport vs an 2001 cobra.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
There is only a 100lb difference here... this is not a c6 z06 vs a termi, its a grand sport vs an 2001 cobra.

How much heavier are the GS over the stock LS3? I know the LS3 weights a bit below 3250. No offense but i sstill see the Vette taking it. Ever run against a pullied Cobra? Should be a cclose race nonetheless!

JDrake

Established Member
I would say Vette all the way. I would be very curious however what would your outcome be, seeing that Vette has similar power as my brothers LS3 (minus the GS style) vs my Cobra. Should be the same as mine except I have my stock 3.27 gears from the 01.

I dont think its fair to compare our cobras against each other... your closer to a termi than an 01.

How much heavier are the GS over the stock LS3? I know the LS3 weights a bit below 3250. No offense but i sstill see the Vette taking it. Ever run against a pullied Cobra? Should be a cclose race nonetheless!

From what i have found they say GS weigh around 3300. I havent found a pullied cobra to play with yet...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I dont think its fair to compare our cobras against each other... your closer to a termi than an 01.
From what i have found they say GS weigh around 3300. I havent found a pullied cobra to play with yet...

No doubt it is, I'm expecting to change my K-Member soon too! Can't complaint about the rest though. Well expecting to see the results soon! Be careful out there :beer:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Even so- I've heard the a C5Z barely edges out a C6 LS3. I've even heard on some of the LSX boards it's a drivers race between the 2. So based on that I still say the Vette has an edge. I get the point that mach1gsxr makes about spinning in high boost- I say the Vette by half a car to a car. Think about it, the Vette has 40 more rwhp, a 100+ lb wt advantage, and better aerodynamics. That all = a win for the Vette given equal drivers.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I made 480rhwp/454rwtq at 9psi. The only other mod i have is a tubular k member with coil overs. I figure i weigh around 3400.

My friend's 97 Cobra BEFORE he did the blower was 3480 with him in it, 1/4 tank of gas, he weighs like 165ish, and thats a solid axle car. Only added weight was subframe connectors, and 17x9 & 17x10.5 wheels. No spare tire/jack/dog bone on the rear, or sound insulation in the trunk.

The turbo kit adds some weight, but the k member/a arms/coilovers knock right at 40.xx pounds off.

corysmach1

Established Member
Even so- I've heard the a C5Z barely edges out a C6 LS3. I've even heard on some of the LSX boards it's a drivers race between the 2. So based on that I still say the Vette has an edge. I get the point that mach1gsxr makes about spinning in high boost- I say the Vette by half a car to a car. Think about it, the Vette has 40 more rwhp, a 100+ lb wt advantage, and better aerodynamics. That all = a win for the Vette given equal drivers.

In this particular race the 01 Cobra has 60rwhp on the vette. I hope they do multiple runs at different speeds to see the difference.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Like corysmach1 said, the 01 has the power here. The C5Z and LS3 are a drivers race stock. Once you add the same mods on both car's and tune, the LS3 raises the bar to a whole different level. LS3 with those mods are closer to a stock C6Z and we all know how fast those beast's are :rolling:

My friend's 97 Cobra BEFORE he did the blower was 3480 with him in it, 1/4 tank of gas, he weighs like 165ish, and thats a solid axle car. Only added weight was subframe connectors, and 17x9 & 17x10.5 wheels. No spare tire/jack/dog bone on the rear, or sound insulation in the trunk.
The turbo kit adds some weight, but the k member/a arms/coilovers knock right at 40.xx pounds off.
No way a 97 Cobra could weight more than a 99/01. 3430 Is the stock weight for the NE Cobra's, Pre 99 should be below 3400. Unless it was vert?

corysmach1

Established Member
Like corysmach1 said, the 01 has the power here. The C5Z and LS3 are a drivers race stock. Once you add the same mods on both car's and tune, the LS3 raises the bar to a whole different level. LS3 with those mods are closer to a stock C6Z and we all know how fast those beast's are :rolling:

No way a 97 Cobra could weight more than a 99/01. 3430 Is the stock weight for the NE Cobra's, Pre 99 should be below 3400. Unless it was vert?

The Cobra does have the power here...The vette driver is very good i know him personally. It should be very close but we all know how street racing is and thats why it is so fun. My 96 Cobra weighed 3450 the other day and it has 18s on it with procharger and intercooler.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The Cobra does have the power here...The vette driver is very good i know him personally. It should be very close but we all know how street racing is and thats why it is so fun. My 96 Cobra weighed 3450 the other day and it has 18s on it with procharger and intercooler.
Reading comprehension got me.... I thought he meant stock weight on the 97 without the s/c, just re-read that was with the driver in it.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
In this particular race the 01 Cobra has 60rwhp on the vette. I hope they do multiple runs at different speeds to see the difference.

Yup... I still say the Cobra needs 20 or so more to win. Hopefully they'll race soon so we can find out. I'm not taking anything away from the Cobra- it sounds like a great car. I just don't think it has enough to beat this Vette. It won't be too much of a difference but a win is a win.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yup... I still say the Cobra needs 20 or so more to win. Hopefully they'll race soon so we can find out. I'm not taking anything away from the Cobra- it sounds like a great car. I just don't think it has enough to beat this Vette. It won't be too much of a difference but a win is a win.

Mike txt me and said its going down monday night....i will aslo be racing this same vette so im curious to see what happens.

T.Man

Established Member
Hard to say on this one.... Could go either way as both cars have their advantages and disadvantages, which seem to cancel each other out.

Good luck and be safe gents.

CobraKid04

Established Member
the cobra has 60rwhp and 45tq on me....I'm just hopin to keep up lol....

we will do a bunch of runs at different speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread