T-trim on a 4.6 dohc

BLWN32V

Established Member
DarkSnake said:
Hey, don't knock it!! The second coming of Jesus tuned my car, as wll as 12secgt and Almo!!! That f--ker almo ran an 11.3 today with stock motor, heads, stock lower and upper on his 04 cobra!!! Pretty bad ass!!! Not to mention the whipple 2.3 that he tuned that put down his first 10 second run today on pump gas!!!

Sorry, just thought I'd jump in, don't really know what all the hype is about, but I can vouch for the 12secgt's numbers as I have seen them with my own eyes.
What's up Hayden?...I just never heard of an S trim making over 600 to the wheels with 15 pounds of boost, that's all this crap is about...

J's98Snake

Established Member
Wow thread failure!

Bottom line, if you can afford the port work with any FI set-up it is worth the money! Of course the more boost you run the greater the gain will be... 18 psi > 8 psi

Ya'll are bitching about dyno #'s way too much. I can show you 600 rwhp (dyno'd) cars running mid to low 11's, and then show you a different car running the same times with 500 rwhp (dyno'd).

Good set-up = good ET
Big hp & tq = big mph

Bottom line dyno # don't mean jack without an ET or mph to back them up.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Wow thread failure!

Bottom line, if you can afford the port work with any FI set-up it is worth the money! Of course the more boost you run the greater the gain will be... 18 psi > 8 psi

Ya'll are bitching about dyno #'s way too much. I can show you 600 rwhp (dyno'd) cars running mid to low 11's, and then show you a different car running the same times with 500 rwhp (dyno'd).

Good set-up = good ET
Big hp & tq = big mph

Bottom line dyno # don't mean jack without an ET or mph to back them up.

Bottom line is people like you fail to realize some people dont give a rats ass what their car runs at the track.

You wanna take that 500rwhp car and run me on the street, cuz if you do i would gladly rip the front bumper on it...

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
i would love to see you see anything other than the tailights on jakes car..id pick my battles a little better chief

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
SuperDanoGP said:
i would love to see you see anything other than the tailights on jakes car..id pick my battles a little better chief

u like riding nuts here?

Im not even gonna start to benchrace here, im sure his car is badass, but mine can hold its own...

J's98Snake

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
Bottom line is people like you fail to realize some people dont give a rats ass what their car runs at the track.

You wanna take that 500rwhp car and run me on the street, cuz if you do i would gladly rip the front bumper on it...

I'm not sure why you're starting chit with me:shrug: , but sure why not...I know you don't "give a rats ass" what a car runs at the track but I'll educate you.

Back in the day I was running 6.9s 1/8 and 11.0s 1/4 with 507/450...last time on the mustang dyno it made 671/603:kaboom: To think next time on the dyno she'll make more:rockon:

I can meet you in Montgomery, or since you'll drag my car apart maybe I sould stay closer to home.

<-- Is giving you an open invite to come to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi for Cruse The Coast in Oct. My shaits slow Vs my friends street cars.

Money where mouth is playa:banana:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
like i said im not going to e-argue w/ you. I wish i was closer playa, you wanna come to NC. No i dont think so, so dont act like your some badass b/c i dont want to drive to miss.

you have made more than 700, so have I. Congrats...

J's98Snake

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
like i said im not going to e-argue w/ you. I wish i was closer playa, you wanna come to NC. No i dont think so, so dont act like your some badass b/c i dont want to drive to miss.

you have made more than 700, so have I. Congrats...

Never said I was a "badass", I was contributing to the topic of the thread and you started spouting your verbal:xpl: I gave you an invite to show your stuff...you're just another tool on the internet, tell Dominic Toretto I said hi:rollseyes

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
haha. your the one that though i was "starting shit w/ you" when i wasnt. Seems like you got mad over nothing...

I gave you an invite also...

J's98Snake

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
haha. your the one that though i was "starting shit w/ you" when i wasnt. Seems like you got mad over nothing...

I gave you an invite also...

Me mad over some kid on the internet:lol:

pbm.cc

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Schef-
As far as power goes my specs:
forged bottom end 9.05:1 comp, ported B heads, stock intake, stock cams (for now) long tubes, s-trim 18 psi (6-rib belt slip) = 570 rwhp 504 rwtq. With a 100 hit and a lot of belt slip I made 671/603 on a mustang dyno.

If you haven't already you need to upgrade your valve springs. If you were only going to run 10-12 psi you could get away with it, but 18+ you need an upgrade.

I have a similar setup:
mahle pistons,manley H beams, stock B heads (non ported nor shaved), stock cams, stock intake, V-1 S trim, about 15psi, anderson powerpipe, 90mm LMAF, MAFia extender, 60#'s, 255lph intank and inline and my car only dynoed at 473.9rwhp?! I should be higher then! my air/fuel was steady on 11* but shouldn't it be more horsepower? and how did you manage to get 18psi? like what pullies?

also if the clutch on the a/c compressor was stuck on the car while it was dynoed and the idler pullie was going out, would that had cause the s/c to create more boost? cause I replaced the a/c compressor to a new one and bought a new idler and now I only get about 13psi?! and the car feels weaker!
feels like its also loading up! many the clutch was stuck all the time before and now that there is no stress from the a/c and the idler the computer is loading it up and choking the car!? would that be a possibility?

sorry if im stealing the thread! maybe you just need a S trim.... trade!?:D

pbm.cc

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
Schef-
As far as power goes my specs:
forged bottom end 9.05:1 comp, ported B heads, stock intake, stock cams (for now) long tubes, s-trim 18 psi (6-rib belt slip) = 570 rwhp 504 rwtq. With a 100 hit and a lot of belt slip I made 671/603 on a mustang dyno.

If you haven't already you need to upgrade your valve springs. If you were only going to run 10-12 psi you could get away with it, but 18+ you need an upgrade.

I have a similar setup:
mahle pistons,manley H beams, stock B heads (non ported nor shaved), stock cams, stock intake, V-1 S trim, about 15psi, anderson powerpipe, 90mm LMAF, MAFia extender, 60#'s, 255lph intank and inline and my car only dynoed at 473.9rwhp?! I should be higher then! my air/fuel was steady on 11* but shouldn't it be more horsepower? and how did you manage to get 18psi from the S trim? like what pullies?

also if the clutch on the a/c compressor was stuck on the car while it was dynoed and the idler pullie was going out, would that had cause the s/c to create more boost? cause I replaced the a/c compressor to a new one and bought a new idler and now I only get about 13psi?! and the car feels weaker!
feels like its also loading up! many the clutch was stuck all the time before and now that there is no stress from the a/c and the idler the computer is loading it up and choking the car!? would that be a possibility?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
SMACKDOWN is the place for flaming. NOT HERE.

Please take the flames to smackdown. Everyone gets a bit upset when someone has a different point of view sometimes, but please do not exchange insults here.

J's98Snake

Established Member
pbm.cc said:
I have a similar setup:
mahle pistons,manley H beams, stock B heads (non ported nor shaved), stock cams, stock intake, V-1 S trim, about 15psi, anderson powerpipe, 90mm LMAF, MAFia extender, 60#'s, 255lph intank and inline and my car only dynoed at 473.9rwhp?! I should be higher then! my air/fuel was steady on 11* but shouldn't it be more horsepower? and how did you manage to get 18psi? like what pullies?

When I was running 16 psi and my timing was at 16* she made 507/450. that was with the 6-rib set-up. When I converted to the 8-rib I still had the same size blower pulley (3.0), but the crank pulley is bigger. Stock 4.6 crank pulley is 6.75, the 8-rib is a 5.4 crank pulley and is 6.9. The 570/504 was with 22*. If it makes you feel better when I was running 14 psi through an aftercooler I was making 474/43x can't remember the timing. I never got to a 1/4 mi track with the 474/43x, but I d remember she was running 7.3's in the 1/8 at 93-94 mph, so I was content at the time.

Have you ever gone to the track? Honestly, I wouldn't care if my car dyno'd 350/350 if it ran the #'s it should. Dyno's are just a tool used for tunning, unless you're droptopsnake:poke: Take it to the track and get some runs. If your not on par with similar cars with similar set-ups then something might be off. Also, the weather affects #'s in a huge way, heat, altitude, DA all factor into the equation.

You lost me on the s-trim trade bit??? I have an s-trim which will become a t-trim later this year.

I just re-read your post...since my heads are ported I'm going to make more power. Also your 15 psi on the boost gage and my 15 psi on my boost gage are going to be different amounts of actual boost. Since my heads are ported my motor will be more efficient in getting the air in and out. A blower & pulley combo that shows 15 psi on my motor might show 16-16.5 on your motor due to the effiency difference. So, if we were showing the same boost amounts in reality I would be pushing more air (boost) and thus be making more power. If I were you, I'd but a snow performance methanol injection kit, slap it on, get it tuned with more timing and call it a day. I'm sure you'd +500 rwhp dept.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread