T rex got lemon'd so i got...

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is beautiful. Congratulations.

MCC in Vila Park is having a bike reveal this Saturday. Bunch of new bikes. They've added BMW. I'm going to look at the new 1300 GS. Miss my nerd bike. lol.

ArabianOak

Established Member

MCC in Vila Park is having a bike reveal this Saturday. Bunch of new bikes. They've added BMW. I'm going to look at the new 1300 GS. Miss my nerd bike. lol.
Yeah mcc was recently purchased by motorworks Chicago. I’ve know Geoff a long long time. lol.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah mcc was recently purchased by motorworks Chicago. I’ve know Geoff a long long time. lol.

Yeah, all good folks. I hope they are able to keep the character of MCC. Seems like a lot of aggressive changes. Like adding Royal Enfield. lol. Service and parts department seem to have taken a huge leap forward.

Where did you find the M1000??

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yeah, all good folks. I hope they are able to keep the character of MCC. Seems like a lot of aggressive changes. Like adding Royal Enfield. lol. Service and parts department seem to have taken a huge leap forward.

Where did you find the M1000??
Motorworks sold me the m1...I am very close with Bob Clark at MW. Customer service is outstanding just like MCC used to be when Geoff was in the hut down the street. ha. I have bought many bikes from both dealers though.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just took delivery of the m1...dear lord this bike is eye candy. Kinda wanna convince the wife to let me put it in the center of the family room and never ride it. lololol

That thing is stunning. What a beauty. Congratulations!!

Ha!! Good luck with that. I tried to do the same. I spend a lot of time in the garage now. lol.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And just to be fun, join me at these track days:

I can transport your bike if needed. I'll send you the Pitbull restraint you'd need to buy for your bike.

R1Lello

Established Member
FYI 207-210 hp, not 220-230 and after first dealer service it unlocks rpm only, the midrange is always tamed down unless you tune it. your dealer is somewhat wrong. Congrats! I pick up my s1000rr Saturday ( Red Passion )

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That thing is sick! Best looking bike ive seen in years.....

The advancement made in these bike is insane. Traction control, launch control, wheelie control etc..... amazing! Its not making 230 hp tho thats for sure. Probably 190 or so to the wheels after service.

ArabianOak

Established Member
FYI 207-210 hp, not 220-230 and after first dealer service it unlocks rpm only, the midrange is always tamed down unless you tune it. your dealer is somewhat wrong. Congrats! I pick up my s1000rr Saturday ( Red Passion )
yeah, i read that online as well AND i read that the first service is free but my dealer claims it's not...apparently all M bikes get the first service free.

i saw a video fo it putting down 190rwhp on youtube. i think the 230 number is for euro models with full exhaust systems.

did you see that my catalytic converter has the akra emblem on it...is it a high flow cat system?

R1Lello

Established Member
yeah, i read that online as well AND i read that the first service is free but my dealer claims it's not...apparently all M bikes get the first service free.

i saw a video fo it putting down 190rwhp on youtube. i think the 230 number is for euro models with full exhaust systems.

did you see that my catalytic converter has the akra emblem on it...is it a high flow cat system?
No - muffler only I think - not sure on the M but the rest of the exhaust looks the same as mine. I purchased the SC 1R carbon slipon mostly for looks

NIXDSG

Established Member

I bought my 1995(?) Ducati M900 there, a long time ago, was a fun bike!

ArabianOak

Established Member
I bought my 1995(?) Ducati M900 there, a long time ago, was a fun bike!
yeah, back when they were in the hut across from burger king i am assuming...great shop back then...little markup because there was little overhead...somehow the family got convinced to go big and move down the street and after that it was never the same.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
yeah, back when they were in the hut across from burger king i am assuming...great shop back then...little markup because there was little overhead...somehow the family got convinced to go big and move down the street and after that it was never the same.

Unfortunately it seems the MW deal will accelerate this again. I wish MCC would stay small and niche.

A few weekends ago, I needed to stop in an check on some parts. We walk in and there is a greeter at the door. Dude asks if I've ever been to MCC before. I said of course. Without skipping a beat, and totally ignoring my answer, dude insists on giving me a tour. lol. Walks me all around the shop and is explaining all the different brands of motorcycles. "KTMs are for dirt" "Ducatis are for going fast" As we walk past some of the OGs they ask "Joe, what are you doing". I said "getting a tour". Copious eye rolling ensues. It was agitating at best. It was obvious the OGs are sensing it as well. The fun part is the dude led me to a Honda Monkey in the used area and proceeds to tell me what a great first bike it is. lol.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Unfortunately it seems the MW deal will accelerate this again. I wish MCC would stay small and niche.

A few weekends ago, I needed to stop in an check on some parts. We walk in and there is a greeter at the door. Dude asks if I've ever been to MCC before. I said of course. Without skipping a beat, and totally ignoring my answer, dude insists on giving me a tour. lol. Walks me all around the shop and is explaining all the different brands of motorcycles. "KTMs are for dirt" "Ducatis are for going fast" As we walk past some of the OGs they ask "Joe, what are you doing". I said "getting a tour". Copious eye rolling ensues. It was agitating at best. It was obvious the OGs are sensing it as well. The fun part is the dude led me to a Honda Monkey in the used area and proceeds to tell me what a great first bike it is. lol.
yeah, i havent been there since MW took over. i do ALL my deals via text and they deliver the bikes to me for free...they know I won't do it any other way. I hate everything you just described...been a motorcyclist since I was a kid...dad bought me a pw80 and I was hooked since. First real motorcycle was a bmw f650 and I felt like james bond driving that thing on the street...lol.

i feel like these shops are stuck in the 80's with some of this stuff. you gotta modernize yourself before all this crap is only sold on amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread