syclone destroys terminator

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
In all fairness, the cobra in that video didn't have the best reaction time. The syclone pulled him by at least a car before the cobra's tires even started turning.

:

I agree 100%
which is all the more reason that the people calling BS should stop.

It is very probable that the KB cobra the OP raced also had a bad start.
KB Cobra on the street without tires isn't gonna jump out like the Cyclone will as you know.
Driver will play a huge part in that also.

The Vid just proves how well those things pull out off the line.

Jroc

Established Member
lol what a lame attempt to compare penis sizes.. launching an evo and sti's are aren't the same thing as a gmc syclone or typhoon and i'd have to say there launches aren't as violent neither just compare youtube footage

What are you talking about? Comparing penis sizes? We're not talking about penis cars here.

I'm sure they are different with one being an automatic while the others are manual vehicles. As far as which is more violet I have no clue but with the EVO and STI I think you could pretty much drop your clutch at any point in the rpm range.

I do think Auto > Manual for launching though.

No one said it wasn't.. why are you bringing this up? I don't care and I do know how fun it could be at times launching a high hp rwd car is at times my 91gt weighed in at 2900lbs with me in it at the scrap yard.

Because you brought roll racing up to begin with. Nobody was talking about it before you. Thats why its being discussed. Yes a 2,900 lb Foxbody is a very fun car, and great at lauching with some good suspension mods.

I thought dr's solved all traction problems for any rwd car that has above factory spec horsepower :lol1: Come on man I know all too well what your referring to and trying to explain but like I said before if this guy is running a 650 plus hp cobra on the street he should be aware of what can and will take him out and won't.. there for choosing his races on his terms or deal with the consequences

I'm not hating on the OP. Like I said good kill. Why I'm responding is everyone is acting like the people who just don't up and believe it are stupid or something. Then there are all these first posts Syclone owners, which kind of seems like trolling, IDK. First of all I usually don't like seeing bs called because I tend to try and believe people, but for someone who doesn't know what a Sylone is its hard to believe that a truck just up and put 10 cars on a 619 whp Cobra, and I think that understandable.

Seriously though if you ever want to run a syclone on the street for some money I can hook you up :banana:

Sure we'll go from a heterosexual roll.

Last edited:

boostedpimp

Slut lover
Established Member
Because you brought roll racing up to begin with. Nobody was talking about it before you. Thats why its being discussed.

I wasn't the first to bring up roll racing in this thread.. there were a few tools saying "if it was from a roll" like that even matter in this case

Then there are all these first posts Syclone owners, which kind of seems like trolling, IDK.

Most likely trolling but Im not.. i've been here for over a year with this account and used to be here before back when I had a 90lx and 87lx.

First of all I usually don't like seeing bs called because I tend to try and believe people, but for someone who doesn't know what a Sylone is its hard to believe that a truck just up and put 10 cars on a 619 whp Cobra, and I think that understandable.

It is understandable to a point. The OP even came back and posted that he was guessing it was 10 lengths, it wasn't exact but people still pull the BS flag. I mean once you find out that the truck has awd, a power adder and weighs in 3500 or less putting 500 to the wheels you have to at least consider it being a possibility before you call the guy a liar or at least in my mind. I've seen weirder cars pull down high end cars

Sure we'll go from a heterosexual roll.

lol you'd be surprised at how well a well tuned syclone can go from a roll.. if the owner is willing to kill the life of his brakes :uh oh:

mhoover

Established Member
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=kiJ5wRu7JUU"]YouTube - Doc Hoover GMC Syclone 9.03@151[/ame]
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8dgIUCdAhmA"]YouTube - Doc Hoover GMC Syclone goes 9.04@152[/ame]

Matt

shhak

Established Member
Is that the doc from over by Savannah? A few guys were telling me about his syclone a while back. Didn't he end up selling that thing? It is definitely a beast!!!

BTW, you wouldn't happen to know who owns the DSG vert for sale in Crump would you?

Digital

Established Member
so let me get this right, we have vids of purpose built track only vehicals running in the high 9s and there is supposed to be some type of respect? go to you tube and type in "9 second f150" or 9 second anything. try "9 second tank" im sure someone has a sherman doing a wheel stand and pulling a 9.8.

Get real people. All in all a cobra can still be a fun easy daily driver at low-mid 10 seconds. I'm doubting very much the clone is anything but purpose built track machinery.

Jroc

Established Member
so let me get this right, we have vids of purpose built track only vehicals running in the high 9s and there is supposed to be some type of respect? go to you tube and type in "9 second f150" or 9 second anything. try "9 second tank" im sure someone has a sherman doing a wheel stand and pulling a 9.8.

Get real people. All in all a cobra can still be a fun easy daily driver at low-mid 10 seconds. I'm doubting very much the clone is anything but purpose built track machinery.

I can't hate, Syclones are some badass trucks. Think of them kind of like a Grand National S10/Sonoma with AWD. :beer:

97cobra1

Established Member

I'm more than willing to bet that those trucks are street driven as well. Those trucks with that kinda power are still very tame on the street. AWD + Auto + bigger turbo to make those numbers. Bigger turbo means little more lag in the lower rpms. The one i got to drive was probably about 425-430wtq and i drove it around for a good solid week.

dgoodhue

I'm more than willing to bet that those trucks are street driven as well. Those trucks with that kinda power are still very tame on the street. AWD + Auto + bigger turbo to make those numbers. Bigger turbo means little more lag in the lower rpms. The one i got to drive was probably about 425-430wtq and i drove it around for a good solid week.

Yeah, most Syclone are very much street vehicle. If it was a purpose built track only prepped truck, it would be 2wd. When compare to RWD Vehicle on Slicks at the track, an AWD vehicle is severly handicapped.

As for the Torque numbers, 425-430wtq is mostly stock :) I have seen stock trucks with a chip do that. The factort rating of 350-360 ft-lbs is under rated, is actuallyt rating is more like 420-440. Torque and traction is what makes a Syclone so quick.

mhoover

Established Member
Is that the doc from over by Savannah? A few guys were telling me about his syclone a while back. Didn't he end up selling that thing? It is definitely a beast!!!

BTW, you wouldn't happen to know who owns the DSG vert for sale in Crump would you?

Yeah thats it and yes he sold it to some guys in South Carolina.

Im not sure? Is it a cobra?

BTW we had the fastest syclone that I know of for a long time and it was perfectly streetable. If you guys have any doubts about these trucks you should take a look on www.syty.net. Im positive some of your questions and doubts will be answered there.

Matt

Last edited:

shhak

Established Member
Yeah thats it and yes he sold it to some guys in South Carolina.

Im not sure? Is it a cobra?

BTW we had the fastest syclone that I know of for a long time and it was perfectly streetable. If you guys have any doubts about these trucks you should take a look on www.syty.net. Im positive some of your questions and doubts will be answered there.

Matt

I'm glad they never suckered me into going over there to run that one...LOL!

The DSG is an 03 cobra. It's sitting right over the bridge from Savannah at a little lot on the right. The guy has an old chevy and a couple bikes out there too.

mhoover

Established Member
I'm glad they never suckered me into going over there to run that one...LOL!

The DSG is an 03 cobra. It's sitting right over the bridge from Savannah at a little lot on the right. The guy has an old chevy and a couple bikes out there too.

LOL yeah it was hell outta the hole consistant 1.34-1.35 60fts.

Ill DEF have to check it out! Ill be down that way tomorrow! i miss my DSG :(

Matt

lilbuddy1587

Banned

"So let me get this right (I think you mean STRAIGHT)" we have vids of perfectly streetable trucks running some great times, multiple people giving great advice, trying to explain to you retards how this is entirely capable but yet you continue to cry and call foul? Supposed to be some type of respect? You damn right there is buddy. Thats like saying "Just because a lightning has xxx hp, it must not be streetable and it doesnt deserve respect because its a truck". :bored:

Why don't you get real buddy? You've already proved that you're ignorant to the platform and turbo vehicles in general. :rollseyes

AWD + Turbo 4.3 + light weight (34-3500lbs) = Bad ass

Doesn't take some over cammed, big block etc etc. to run those times in the videos posted above. Just takes a turn from the boost controller (large turbo obviously). Think Supra or Grand national etc. Very streetable even with 800-1000rwhp. Not only that but the auto helps it that much more in the drive ability department, meaning, EASIER.

GG buddy

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Why is it gay? Because it doesn't suit you? Since its so gay here's what would from a roll, the Cobra would smack it down, and straight F it in the A. I mean really, really hard in the A. I wonder why theres no video's of Syclones running from a roll? Because they suck ass at it. 1991 AWD technology + Automatic tranny + boxy truck = shitty at high speed acceleration.

Well, here's a Sy running from a roll vs a 700+rwhp 2jz swapped SC300 and an 800whp HKS TT Supra (Walser Supra)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj39SVrTeyE"]YouTube - Syclone vs. SC300 vs. Supra[/ame]

Yea, they totally suck from a roll too...:dw:

Notice how the Sy is starting to run down the SC300? Yea, guess that "slush box and shitty technology" really isn't that bad is it? :rolling:

leophard189

Established Member
guys, I never expected this thread to get so much attention. Remember that we are all high horsepower junkies! I never wanted to offend the terminator guys! I love the cars and know how fast they are. I am going to get some pics up of my Syclone with mod list so you guys can see.

TIm

shhak

Established Member
guys, I never expected this thread to get so much attention. Remember that we are all high horsepower junkies! I never wanted to offend the terminator guys! I love the cars and know how fast they are. I am going to get some pics up of my Syclone with mod list so you guys can see.

TIm

Any real horsepower junkie will give credit where credit is due. Those Syclones are no joke. Can't speak for the rest of us, but this terminator owner is not offended at all... In fact, I think its fun to have one hand me my ass coming off the line once in a while...!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread