syclone destroys terminator

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
I've seen a 500whp syclone...they still have traction issues. Not as bad as a terminators..and are nuckin futs out of the hole. It isn't impossible to run them down though just gotta have enough power to get it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Its definitely plausible. Being the DSMer I am fully aware of what factory turbo awd vehicles are capable of.

10 cars though is kinda a hard number to throw out there, especially since there is no way for the car ahead to judge distance of the car its beating cause you arent (well, shouldnt be) looking at the rear view when driving forward.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Very possible with a Turbo V6 to put a good amount of distance on a Cobra. The Turbo V6 cars make the numbers in the first 1/8 mile. This race probably didn't go a full 1/4 mile. Also like the OP said he's not sure it was 10 cars, the Cobra was in the rear view mirror. Nice kill OP!!! If you weren't so far away I'd line up witcha anytime with my Turbo V6.;-)

Trans Am WS6 42

S. Florida Troublemaker
I've been reading this thread with quite a bit of interest. It seems to have generally taken a good turn toward the more intelligent side of things. :) Of course, there will always be car-specific fanatics out there who will say "What?!? A _____ lose??? That's unpossible!", but you have to look past those. :)

Good kill to the thread starter. For the rest of you folks, I'm in South Florida, and am finishing up a Syclone. I don't know if it will make 500whp when I'm done, but I would love to line up against some solid 03/04 cobras to see how it does. :)

On the street, of course ;)

- Matt

EDIT - Good LORD this account is old. Didn't realize I still had this thing. I haven't had that car in my sig since 02! LOL

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I've been reading this thread with quite a bit of interest. It seems to have generally taken a good turn toward the more intelligent side of things. :) Of course, there will always be car-specific fanatics out there who will say "What?!? A _____ lose??? That's unpossible!", but you have to look past those. :)

Good kill to the thread starter. For the rest of you folks, I'm in South Florida, and am finishing up a Syclone. I don't know if it will make 500whp when I'm done, but I would love to line up against some solid 03/04 cobras to see how it does. :)

On the street, of course ;)

- Matt

EDIT - Good LORD this account is old. Didn't realize I still had this thing. I haven't had that car in my sig since 02! LOL

wow, nice first post! welcome to SVTP ... uh newb? hahaha

syclone0569

here you go

i present exibit a:.....:fart:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6s3ng9i1Bg&NR=1"]YouTube - Mid 11sec GMC Syclone vs. 03 Cobra[/ame]

:lol:

boostedpimp

Slut lover
Established Member
I enjoy reading threads like this where no one gives respect where respect is due.. makes embarrassing people on the street more enjoyable and if the original poster's syclone does in fact pump out 500 to the wheels there's no doubt in my mind that cobra has tons of room to make up on the big end.. and why all the "if it was from a roll" talk.. racing from a roll is gay and always been gay.

and the best part about this thread is the people that say there's no way because of the HP difference LOL well if you guys actually knew anything about these trucks you would realize that there bread and butter isn't peak HP.. it's torque and in factory stock trim they pushed out over 400lbs so can only image the torque numbers on one that's mod'd to hell

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I'm hoisting the BS flag here. 10 lengths? That's busses in my book and no way even with AWD from a dig are you beating a car with 100+ more HP and probably lighter curb weight(?) by that much. Either the Cobra driver Suxs or he wasn't racing

Jroc

Established Member
I enjoy reading threads like this where no one gives respect where respect is due.. makes embarrassing people on the street more enjoyable and if the original poster's syclone does in fact pump out 500 to the wheels there's no doubt in my mind that cobra has tons of room to make up on the big end.. and why all the "if it was from a roll" talk.. racing from a roll is gay and always been gay.

and the best part about this thread is the people that say there's no way because of the HP difference LOL well if you guys actually knew anything about these trucks you would realize that there bread and butter isn't peak HP.. it's torque and in factory stock trim they pushed out over 400lbs so can only image the torque numbers on one that's mod'd to hell

Why is it gay? Because it doesn't suit you? Since its so gay here's what would from a roll, the Cobra would smack it down, and straight F it in the A. I mean really, really hard in the A. I wonder why theres no video's of Syclones running from a roll? Because they suck ass at it. 1991 AWD technology + Automatic tranny + boxy truck = shitty at high speed acceleration.

Y'all are taking the Cobra out of its eliment, and putting it in yours, and acting like its some dog or something, but if thats the race y'all ran then good kill. If you put the Syclone in the Cobras eliment the it would lose pretty bad. High HP 03/04 Cobras are not the best launching vehicles without a good bit of suspension work, but they didn't leave the factory to be some DR dedicated car. Some people can launch them pretty good stock, but its hard to do, and there are defenantly better launching cars out there.

Sorry for hatin, but damn it just looks like this thread is turning into one of the, "all Terminator owners overrate their cars, and think they can never lose" threats. Yes many, if not most Terminator owners have too high of an opinion of their cars, but that just comes with the territory, as they are very good. Fbody, Vette, Viper, Porsche, M3, etc, etc owners all have high opinions of their cars, and many in those groups have too high of opinions of their cars also.

Again, good kill to the OP. Anytime you can beat a 600+ screw blown Cobra thats something to brag about, especially if its by 10 cars.

Last edited:

boostedpimp

Slut lover
Established Member
I'm hoisting the BS flag here. 10 lengths? That's busses in my book and no way even with AWD from a dig are you beating a car with 100+ more HP and probably lighter curb weight(?) by that much. Either the Cobra driver Suxs or he wasn't racing

no way from a dig with awd? the truck has been proven to go 10s on the syty.net forum and the cobra WEIGHTS MORE then the truck so before you raise the bs flag do some research or you might be the one getting embarrassed on the street next time. I think your just looking at it as a 17 year old gmc pickup wasting a built 04 terminator. If your serious about performance you would look past that micky mouse bs and get down to the details and see it could and did clearly happen.

Why is it gay? Because it doesn't suit you? Since its so gay here's what would from a roll, the Cobra would smack it down, and straight F it in the A. I mean really, really hard in the A. I wonder why theres no video's of Syclones running from a roll? Because they suck ass at it. 1991 AWD technology + Automatic tranny + boxy truck = shitty at high speed acceleration.

Never said a syclone would rap a terminator from a roll did I.. I simply said racing from a roll is flat out gay. Why don't you go pick yourself up a supra because that's what your reminding me of with those weak comments.. a supra owner with 890rwhp but running 10.8's in the quarter :whine:

Y'all are taking the Cobra out of its eliment, and putting it in yours,

So the cobra's element is strickly racing from a roll?? I mean if the owner had a built 04 cobra wouldn't you assume he'd have the common sense to run it with DR's or not run the syclone all together because a cobra with 600 plus wheel hp on the street is useless without some type of tire. I mean what's a stock 04 cobra's trap speeds at the end of a qaurter?? 115-118ish mph right well gmc syclone's stock trap speeds are 94 to 98mph so you tell me if the cobra's out of it's element.

and acting like its some dog or something, but if thats the race y'all ran then good kill. If you put the Syclone in the Cobras eliment the it would lose pretty bad. High HP 03/04 Cobras are not the best launching vehicles without a good bit of suspension work, but they didn't leave the factory to be some DR dedicated car. Some people can launch them pretty good stock, but its hard to do, and there are defenantly better launching cars out there.

Im not dogging on terminators.. I wish I could afford to own one and the insurance hike you pay in New Jersey but I can't so I don't own one but I have two friends that have then and I love them but again from a light to light run my syclone cleans up.. anything further and my truck is simply nothing to them.

I know allot of people had trouble with launching them especially with the IRS but i've seen footage of two or three cars pulling wheels on the street (ny scene I believe) with the stock irs

Yes many, if not most Terminator owners have too high of an opinion of their cars, but that just comes with the territory, as they are very good. Fbody, Vette, Viper, Porsche, M3, etc, etc owners all have high opinions of their cars, and many in those groups have too high of opinions of their cars also.

I agree I just see how people that own this caliber of car can't see how a vehicle with absolutely no traction issues, well tuned and dialed in with a turbo can't waste a nice built car from a dig on the street.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Did you not watch the vid that has been posted at least 3 times?

shhak

Established Member
Did you not watch the vid that has been posted at least 3 times?

In all fairness, the cobra in that video didn't have the best reaction time. The syclone pulled him by at least a car before the cobra's tires even started turning.

BUT.... Like I posted earlier in this thread, my cobra makes 685rwhp+ and I have a buddy (with a syclone) and he pulls me off the line. Sometimes pretty bad. I'm sure on the track, where I could launch off the trans brake, he wouldn't pull me like that. But we weren't on a track, we were on the street. And he did pull me!!! In fact, he made a lasting impression... I won't even think about racing a syclone on the street anymore. The reasons are simple... 1) I'm not gonna get any traction... 2) The races on the street don't last long enough for me to ever catch up. Figure if he pulls 3-4 lengths off the line, That's alot of distance to make up in the short amount of time most street races last.

To the op, hey man, I believe you! Every word... Even the "10 lengths" part. Congrats!:beer:

Jroc

Established Member
Never said a syclone would rap a terminator from a roll did I.. I simply said racing from a roll is flat out gay. Why don't you go pick yourself up a supra because that's what your reminding me of with those weak comments.. a supra owner with 890rwhp but running 10.8's in the quarter :whine:

Why don't you pick yourself up a EVO or STI because your comments of being able to launch hard reminds me of those cars, but then they handle and brake good too, so that would be a benifit for you.

So the cobra's element is strickly racing from a roll?? I mean if the owner had a built 04 cobra wouldn't you assume he'd have the common sense to run it with DR's or not run the syclone all together because a cobra with 600 plus wheel hp on the street is useless without some type of tire. I mean what's a stock 04 cobra's trap speeds at the end of a qaurter?? 115-118ish mph right well gmc syclone's stock trap speeds are 94 to 98mph so you tell me if the cobra's out of it's element.

Launching a AWD, stalled automatic, turbocharged, 3,500+ lbs vehicle is much easiler, and is going to be more efficient out the hole, than launching a high HP, RWD, 3,600+ lb car, especially on the street. DR's or otherwise, IRS or otherwise. DR's don't just automatically make it launch great, and who knows if he was running them or not. From any kind of roll(slow or high speed) they do much better. Like I said some people can launch them pretty good, but their probably pretty good drivers because their not the easiest cars to launch. The highest I've heard of a stock 03 trapping was 113, more common would be around 110.

boostedpimp

Slut lover
Established Member
Why don't you pick yourself up a EVO or STI because your comments of being able to launch hard reminds me of those cars, but then they handle and brake good too, so that would be a benifit for you.

lol what a lame attempt to compare penis sizes.. launching an evo and sti's are aren't the same thing as a gmc syclone or typhoon and i'd have to say there launches aren't as violent neither just compare youtube footage

Launching a AWD, stalled automatic, turbocharged, 3,500+ lbs vehicle is much easiler, and is going to be more efficient out the hole, than launching a high HP, RWD, 3,600+ lb car, especially on the street.

No one said it wasn't.. why are you bringing this up? I don't care and I do know how fun it could be at times launching a high hp rwd car is at times my 91gt weighed in at 2900lbs with me in it at the scrap yard.

DR's don't just automatically make it launch great, and who knows if he was running them or not.

I thought dr's solved all traction problems for any rwd car that has above factory spec horsepower :lol1: Come on man I know all too well what your referring to and trying to explain but like I said before if this guy is running a 650 plus hp cobra on the street he should be aware of what can and will take him out and won't.. there for choosing his races on his terms or deal with the consequences

Seriously though if you ever want to run a syclone on the street for some money I can hook you up :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread