Switch Mach Hood? Read first..

JDUB348

Established Member
Switching to Mach 1 hood

So i've always tossed this idea around to switch over to a Mach hood. Why? Because the current terminator hood that is on my car is damaged and i dont really want to pay to have it fixed with the possibility of it not fitting as it should after being fixed.

Damage to my current hood..

Hood3.jpg

Hood1.jpg

You can see the plate we put on to support it for the last few years left side back of the hood (old picture)..

3.jpg

My buddy had a Mach 1 that he basically did a 100% terminator swap on and i loved the way it looked..

terminatedmach_zpsd81f75a1.jpg

322591_347701945261589_100000653593905_1069140_165707171_o.jpg

I would also be doing the shaker as shown here so that when the hood is popped, the shaker goes with the hood:

jaredshood_zpsc4c0c6bb.jpg

I personally just love the way it looks. And it would be a way to make my car different then any terminator around here.. hell i haven't even seen a blacked out Mach 1 in my area once.

Picture of my car..

64487_543723852326063_284840650_n_zps753d25d4.jpg

Pictures of blacked out machs..

nIINZIs.jpg

images

DSC_0483.jpg

4c5ab0d4-0da3-01f0.jpg

4c5ab0d4-0d71-042c.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

mach1093.jpg

Theres an add on craigslist with a mach hood and shaker for sale, so thats why i posted to see what all your thoughts are.

Last edited:

JDUB348

Established Member
For those wondering why my hood is damaged.. when i bought my car i bought it from a dealer and it had a Cobra R hood on it which i could not stand. I then found my current hood on craigslist.. This is how the car looked the day i got it. Also got rid of the GT500 snake :lol:

CobraRhood-1.jpg

Tractionless1

Established Member
Take a look at the pic you posted of the Black and Yellow cars next to each other. Can you see how the Cobra hood overhangs the headlights and the Mach does not? That may be an issue when trying to put a Mach hood on your car.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I think it would look pretty cool. I've always loved shaker hoods. You can always switch back if you ended up not liking it....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Take a look at the pic you posted of the Black and Yellow cars next to each other. Can you see how the Cobra hood overhangs the headlights and the Mach does not? That may be an issue when trying to put a Mach hood on your car.

where two plastic push pins hold the bumper cover at the grille opening, you just take those out, push that part of the bumper back towards then engine bay, drill 2 new holes and put the push pins back. If you dont the hood will mess up the paint, moving it back a bit everything will be fine and odds are nobody will ever notice

JDUB348

Established Member

Yea it's some how addressable though, the yellow one does have a terminator bumper in that picture.

I love the way these look so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.. As far as the heat.. My buddies car never seemed to have any problems.

I also always loved how aggressive the shaker looked from the inside of the car when driving my buddies old car!

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
How did your buddy get that shaker to stay intact on the hood? Personally I want to do up my valve covers and coil covers to make the engine look AWESOME, without that monstorsity on top.

JDUB348

Established Member
I believe he fiber glassed some bolts to the under side of the scoop opening and used nuts to hold a piece of plywood on to hold it all togrther

Last edited:

JDUB348

Established Member
What do you all think would be a fair price to pay for a mach hood and scoop? This local guy is thinking he is going to get upwards of $1,000 for the both :lol:

Was looking on SVTP and saw some people selling for around $650? The guy claims he wants $300 for the scoop alone because thats what he saw on ebay :rollseyes

Tractionless1

Established Member
What do you all think would be a fair price to pay for a mach hood and scoop? This local guy is thinking he is going to get upwards of $1,000 for the both :lol:

Was looking on SVTP and saw some people selling for around $650? The guy claims he wants $300 for the scoop alone because thats what he saw on ebay :rollseyes

Ebay

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
where two plastic push pins hold the bumper cover at the grille opening, you just take those out, push that part of the bumper back towards then engine bay, drill 2 new holes and put the push pins back. If you dont the hood will mess up the paint, moving it back a bit everything will be fine and odds are nobody will ever notice

Yea it's some how addressable though, the yellow one does have a terminator bumper in that picture.

this is the answer

stroked mach

Established Member
u should have lmk I have a mach and been thinking of letting the hood go and would made u a deal , but then again I love the mach setup ,but love a cowl hood also ,and if you was to do the hood right the scoop would let cool air in the bay to cool it off

JDUB348

Established Member
Sent the hood off to be painted.. Should have it by no later then thursday. Already ordered up some mach hood decals from anchor-room.com and have some hood struts coming from American muscle. All these little things will make the car more "presentable" ;-)

JDUB348

Established Member
Got the hood and everything on today.. heres a couple pictures i took. I wanna get some better pictures of the car out of the garage.. and i also was told not to put my hood decals on for a month, so waiting on that also.

003DA956-B60D-435F-BBEA-3E175C9A4B43_zpsy3dw56qr.jpg

I LOVE the way the shaker looks from the inside of the car :thumbsup:

3073747E-F022-4401-8857-AA4A62083913_zpsofrjlimv.jpg

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Looks AWESOME! I have considered doing this to my Mach (when I buy it) becasue to me the 4V is the most beautiful motors in teh world. I plan to powdercoat the valve covers, intake, etc and don't want that shaker covering up all my nice jewlery.

Users who are viewing this thread