Switch Mach Hood? Read first..

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Definitely get that scoop higher, first thing I did to my old Mach 1 was raise the shaker.

JDUB348

Established Member
Couple shots i took of the car just now outside the garage.. only thing that sucks about going to a mach hood is you can't run aftermarket intercooler reservoirs (like the lethal performance one i had)

As far as heat issues.. from what i could see my IAT2's and coolant temps were exactly the same as they were prior to the mach hood when i was driving just now.

0C59C324-BF1B-42D1-88BF-8F5B0DEED9F5_zpsguzm9o66.jpg

71E04559-5C8A-4C3C-87BC-827D4CF8FD93_zps7zfyrrdo.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It's looks really good IMO. As others have said, you have to raise the shaker though. Good job and way to be different without messing it up!

cj428mach

Established Member
Can't you mount the shaker to the engine so it "shakes"? I think it if was me I'd try to mount it to the top of the engine and leave the bottom open so as you drive maybe the cool air would just blow the heat out of the engine bay.

JDUB348

Established Member
Can't you mount the shaker to the engine so it "shakes"? I think it if was me I'd try to mount it to the top of the engine and leave the bottom open so as you drive maybe the cool air would just blow the heat out of the engine bay.

You could but IMO it would look like hell. I've got a hole cut in what is holding the shaker on, so it should be blowing air on top of it

Users who are viewing this thread