SVTPerformance MGW Omnibus : MGW MT-82 Shifter Preview, Install, and Review

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Too get a shorter throw with the MGW just order it with a shorter shift lever. A half inch shorter lever makes a big difference in throw length and feel. George and I (SVTP was a small part of the R&D process) felt that the standard length shaft was the best setup, but things like that can vary from person to person. I'm sure George can work with you to make it "just right" for you.

Unrealford

Established Member
Received my shifter Friday, I can't wait to install it but the weather is still cold,
I've watched the videos about 3x and read the REVISED shifter instructions I believe I won't have any trouble installing it, just wish I had a lift..:)
The main reason I ordered it for my Boss was for being locked out on shifts @ RPMs over 6000.

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
Installed my MGW over the weekend with a good friend who had a Lift, (Thank God , too old for laying down :)).

My impressions of the shifter are :

1) Shifting from any such gear, especially 2-3 3-4 for me at over 6000rpm

is fixed, thank you very much, works evey-time time without even a doubt.

2) For me the nibble from 1st to 2nd is still there, but doesn't bother me what so ever.

3) There is alittle more noise, but I relate that to the rear shifter mount being more solid and doing its purpose.
I really believe if you want to improve in some areas your always gonna lose it in others. And I will take the internal transmission noise over missing or not being able to get 3 or 4th constantly.

4)The noise isn't trouble some or something anyone should consider as a fault or issue not to purchase the Shifter..

Overall very very happy, Thank you very much for all the research and a great quality piece thats Made in USA, Something I miss.. !:beer:

pcarman

Established Member
MGW shifter

I would not say there is play when in neutral. Call George at MGW and discuss with him. He is a great guy and will help you determine what the issue is. Good luck with it the MGW shifter made my car an entirely different one.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
it's just in the shifter shaft. Not the shifter box itself. The box is snug tight but I feel there is just a little too much play in neutral and while it's in gear. I'll probably take it apart and tighten everything back up and see what the issue(s) are/is

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Listen here. I just install my MGW yesterday. Listen, I'm 41 y/o and this's clearly the most impressed I've ever been, that thing is bad a**, the look the quality the feel the shift...I couldn't believe looking at it when I unboxed it how intracate yet simple it is... I'm not sales pichin, I dont have a reason, heck i didn't even read all the posts, I'm just saying I'm at work right now and all I can think about is getting to the lot n shifting my MGW. I did a couple)few) hard pulls yesterday n I'm instantly in 2nd straight in 3rd n bang in @100. I didn't know I was loosing time between shift til yesterday ..and this is coming from sum1 who's had mis-shifts n notchy ness for a while n between stainless line and MGW shifter(and its mounting brackets)(and adjusting MGW's shift pin)it shift like a dream. Lots of options in the mod world, only 1 option here though,,for me anyway. Don't be hatin lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread