SVTP, why you do this to me

FIVEHOE

Established Member
So I am fully aware you guys do not make money off of advertising if we use ad blocker, which I have left turned off solely for you guys. But within the last week or so the auto play ads are driving me crazy. The ad blocker is going back on until you guys get rid of the auto playing ads that randomly come on (happened twice just writing this)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I had that start on me like 2mo ago and finally started using adblock and life is much better for the entire internwebs.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I had that start on me like 2mo ago and finally started using adblock and life is much better for the entire internwebs.

I was using it before but I know sid posted about the site not making money when we use it so I figured I would take it off since this is one of the few websites I enjoy, but now it's becoming annoying.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm using bone stock Safari and have ads but no auto play? Glad as I hate those things. Post a screen capture that shows what your getting?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The ones that are super annoying are the ones that redirect you to the App Store when browsing on mobile. Has been happening almost daily for me - 5 seconds after I open a thread, the App Store will pop up and I'll have to switch back over to Safari but whatever ad is doing it also replaces the URL so I have to hit Back and then open the thread again, and usually go through that cycle a few times before it won't redirect. I have no idea what ads do it because I'm never actually able to view the page they are on for more than a couple seconds.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Same here, I have just grown to live with closing the ap store, and reloading svtp.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
... bro, I said I USED to use adblock. Uninstalled it just for svtp

So I am fully aware you guys do not make money off of advertising if we use ad blocker, which I have left turned off solely for you guys. But within the last week or so the auto play ads are driving me crazy. The ad blocker is going back on until you guys get rid of the auto playing ads that randomly come on (happened twice just writing this)

In case you missed your own post.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Serious? Or Troll?

He had adblock back in the day... He turned it off to support SVTP but got tired of auto-play ads... Now he's turning it back on...

How could you be confused by this??

verbal

Established Member
The ones that are super annoying are the ones that redirect you to the App Store when browsing on mobile. Has been happening almost daily for me - 5 seconds after I open a thread, the App Store will pop up and I'll have to switch back over to Safari but whatever ad is doing it also replaces the URL so I have to hit Back and then open the thread again, and usually go through that cycle a few times before it won't redirect. I have no idea what ads do it because I'm never actually able to view the page they are on for more than a couple seconds.

This drives me nuts.

Just_A_GT

Established Member

I really hope you're not being serious. If you are, please take a break from the internet for the day and go pick up a 2nd or 3rd grade level reading book and brush up on reading comprehension.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is it from getadblock.com and they ask you to choose how much you pay?

Little icon is a red stop sign with a hand inside it?

Users who are viewing this thread