SVTP stock pick thread.

99 GT vert

Established Member
I like TD Ameritrade. I've got an Etrade account and don't care too much for it.

went on to td ameritrades website and filled out the info but it looks like i have to mail in the application form do you have a recommendation for one that i can finish it all online?

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
went on to td ameritrades website and filled out the info but it looks like i have to mail in the application form do you have a recommendation for one that i can finish it all online?

I use Fidelity. Works well. $7.95 commissions.

Stanger00

Established Member
Put in for a small taste of 150 shares. See if I get it today for my 3.49 buy in price. The stock is holding steady at 3.53 right now. Maybe a 2 o'clock dip will help. I should of bought last month when earnings came out...

CSD

Banned
I use Fidelity. Works well. $7.95 commissions.

Etrade 9.99 commission. Not to crazy about their website either, not very user friendly

Put in for a small taste of 150 shares. See if I get it today for my 3.49 buy in price. The stock is holding steady at 3.53 right now. Maybe a 2 o'clock dip will help. I should of bought last month when earnings came out...

Same here 150 shares at 3.43

Hoping for at least $5-6 by the end of the week

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
its not going to see $15+ until 2014/2015 IMO. just google ZNGA for the past 24hours and read the articles. We may see $6 pretty soon though

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I wonder how far Affymax will fall, down 85% today. Might be worth throwing a $500 bucks at to see it if ever bounces back.

Stanger00

Established Member
I wonder how far Affymax will fall, down 85% today. Might be worth throwing a $500 bucks at to see it if ever bounces back.

I've been waiting about 2 years for Micron to bounce back...don't do what I did. Looking as though I will break even this year! I need it to hit $9.23. I messed up and bought a few hundred shares at 10 a share and that screwed my average from my initial buy in at $6 a share. I should of sold when I doubled my money....

Last edited:

mcdover

Established Member
NJ is supposed to pass their online gambling law tomorrow. Look for a nice bump for ZNGA and the inevitable upgrades from the analysts. Easily a $10 stock by the end of the year. Everybody is jumping on this train.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
NJ is supposed to pass their online gambling law tomorrow. Look for a nice bump for ZNGA and the inevitable upgrades from the analysts. Easily a $10 stock by the end of the year. Everybody is jumping on this train.

I hope that would be freaking amazing

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, yea, I've doing some long term tech on your picks. You haven't even equaled the S&P 500.

Anyone can make money in a bull market (I've made a bunch).

"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be Liberians"

"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield'." WB-both quotes

Please offer your picks going forward. You know the risks.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I'm in for 300 shares. Seems like a safe pick. This is only my second time buying stocks. Got really good results the last time I bought Ford stock a couple years ago, hopefully this is just as good!

GTMamba

Established Member
I sold my 3 shares of apple today.

Rate of Return
From To
02/05/2010 09/21/2012
Percent Increase/Decrease
+15.35%

Veritable gold mine in my inherited baby portfolio. Also have PCG and some KO in there.

That's the issue with mega caps like AAPL. Too difficult for most ppl to buy many shares. If you have small amount of capital to risk, better off sticking to small caps. Not to mention AAPL is a POS these days. With markets at all time highs, this was one of the few red tickers on my list. A true dog.

Users who are viewing this thread