SVTP stock pick thread.

q6543

Established Member
Gotta be pretty major liquidations puking at this point.

All the Quant data and algos showed 100% perfect bottom back in June.

I don't think main street realizes just how bad this is yet.
I am enjoying all the buying strength of the dollar now though.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Got a few daily limit orders in to nibble.
Only took 20 minutes to erase yesterday's gains. LMAO!
5181502.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well, OK then.

U.S. GDP estimate stays unchanged at -0.6% for Q2, PCE estimate increases​

Sep. 29, 2022 8:31 AM ETBy: Liz Kiesche, SA News Editor25 Comments

Investments Crashing Do To Mass Sell Off In All Markets From Fear Of The Unknown

Darren415/iStock via Getty Images

• Q2 GDP (third estimate) -0.6% vs. -0.6% consensus and prior estimate of -0.6%. In Q1, U.S. GDP fell 1.6%.
  • The update primarily reflects an upward revision to consumer spending that was offset by a downward revision to exports. Imports, which is subtracted in the GDP calculation, were also revised down.
  • Real gross domestic income was revised down to +0.1% vs prior estimate of +1.4% and +1.8% in Q1.
  • PCE price index: +7.3% vs. prior estimate of +7.1%.
  • Core PCE price index: +4.7% vs. prior estimate of +4.4%.
  • Corporate profits: Profits from current production increased $131.6B in Q2, down from the prior estimate of a $175.2B increase.
  • Profits of domestic financial corporation dropped $46.0B, compared with the prior estimate of down $24.2B. Profits of domestic nonfinancial corporations rose $152.2B, less than the previous estimate of a $173.9B increase.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
3 of my limit orders hit. May put a limit order in on INTC at $25 tomorrow. Just trying to bottom feed on stuff at 52 week lows or worse that have downturn built into the price. I like a solid well covered dividend, but don't mind some price upside potential, it makes rotating easier.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This is the kind of price trace I love to find. Now to investigate the why. This would go into my utility bucket, which I thinned out a while back. Good dividend growth over time also. Current 6.5% dividend, which is very good for a utility and some upside potential on price.

Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp NYSE: AQN

1664544718566.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well OK, so researching AQN turned me onto AQNU, which is quite interesting. It trades on the NYSE and I am trying to figure out the tax implications of a Canadian company trading on the NYSE.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Well OK, so researching AQN turned me onto AQNU, which is quite interesting. It trades on the NYSE and I am trying to figure out the tax implications of a Canadian company trading on the NYSE.
For me, it's enough just keeping track of U.S. based stocks and the U.S. economy let alone learning about another country's. On a side note, I noticed INTC dropped below $26.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Pretty much played out like I thought. Sold my calls on the small rally this morning. Loaded puts at spy 365.xx, sold them all for 70-80% gains late this afternoon. Didn’t catch the bottom with those last few candles knifing like they did at close but it’s better to not be greedy in this kinda market. Cash heavy again going into next week but I did grab a couple 380 yolo calls for next week at the bell.

MG0h3

Established Member
Saw a post this am and someone mentioned futures are down already. Don’t see futures on yahoo or my E*TRADE.

Was that guy confused or can you see them somewhere already?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

q6543

Established Member
No they won't open until 6pm eastern.

However bitcoin and crypto is a valid proxy. Seeing as markets are closed more than they are open.

Users who are viewing this thread