SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Saw a post this am and someone mentioned futures are down already. Don’t see futures on yahoo or my E*TRADE.

Was that guy confused or can you see them somewhere already?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Not until after 5PM CST.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks fellas. I usually check before bed so I figured that person was mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The bet seems to be that the Fed will blink like the UK did, risk on. Oil up, who cares.

MG0h3

Established Member
The bet seems to be that the Fed will blink like the UK did, risk on. Oil up, who cares.

Lol I don’t know why people keep saying that.

Even a lot of the talking heads on CNBC keep suggesting or asking if he will.

Powell has repeatedly said he is going to raise until inflation is steadily down for several months and there is a tightening in the job market.

We’re not even at the beginning of either of those.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Lol I don’t know why people keep saying that.

Even a lot of the talking heads on CNBC keep suggesting or asking if he will.

Powell has repeatedly said he is going to raise until inflation is steadily down for several months and there is a tightening in the job market.

We’re not even at the beginning of either of those.

There has been an increasing number of articles on SA implying the Fed should decrease rate hikes or ease.

MG0h3

Established Member
There has been an increasing number of articles on SA implying the Fed should decrease rate hikes or ease.

Of course there are. Because it would benefit them.

Powell had also repeatedly stated that stopping or easing tightening measures while inflation is still rampant would be worse than over tightening.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't get how we go down big time last week, then up big this week. Only news I saw was Tesla undersold and Credit Suisse may go under.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't get how we go down big time last week, then up big this week. Only news I saw was Tesla undersold and Credit Suisse may go under.

Risk on for everything, fed will blink. Oil way up, no ****s to give. Bond markets are crazy.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You honestly think the fed will stop raising with record inflation and nearly record low jobless claims?

Japan is refusing to raise rates, the UK blinked so hard they left their shoes behind; people are betting the pressure on the Fed is extreme, especially with the midterms. I would not be surprised to see a soft .25 point raise or language change.

q6543

Established Member
The market is looking into 2024 at this point.

Everything is priced in, (barring a black swan) and now we get to climb the wall of worry.

The recession WILL hit the economy next year, but the market will be 2 years past it by then.

Fomo kicks in @ spy 440s.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Some of it was because the end of the third quarter was last Friday, Sept. 30. Managers getting rid of losers and then the beginning of the fourth quarter yesterday with them buying some new and cheaper things.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So.. Elon has agreed to buy Twitter for 44 billion
What. Will that do to the stock long term . It already shut up 20 percent

2. Will he have to sell a shit ton of Tesla stock and csuse that to drop

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Missile flies over Japan and futures gives zero fox.

Not holding much overnight. But TQQQ, DNUT, and KIRK paid today off the pop on longer time frames.

MG0h3

Established Member
Japan is refusing to raise rates, the UK blinked so hard they left their shoes behind; people are betting the pressure on the Fed is extreme, especially with the midterms. I would not be surprised to see a soft .25 point raise or language change.

Well the next meeting is Nov 1, so maybe you’re right.

Although Yellen and Powell both go on about not caring/using the stock market as a basis for any decision.

Democraps need CPI to come down, and fast. Their base does not care about the stock market at all.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well the next meeting is Nov 1, so maybe you’re right.

Although Yellen and Powell both go on about not caring/using the stock market as a basis for any decision.

Democraps need CPI to come down, and fast. Their base does not care about the stock market at all.

Australian stocks & ETFs rise after RBA’s smaller-than-expected interest rate hike​

Oct. 04, 2022 9:22 AM ETiShares MSCI Australia ETF (EWA), GENE, BHP, FXAKZIA, IMMP, IMRN, FLAUBy: Jason Capul, SA News Editor

Australian flag

Ramberg/E+ via Getty Images

Stocks and exchange traded funds tied to the Australian market advanced in Tuesday's premarket trading in the U.S. The move came after the Reserve Bank of Australia raised interest rates by a lower-than-expected amount.
The country's central bank increased its key rate by 25 basis points rather than the 50 basis points that was anticipated. As a result, Australian stocks rallied, with the S&P/ASX 200 finishing higher by 3.75%. The market was also helped by momentum from Wall Street's rally the previous day.
With the rise in Australian shares, U.S.-listed funds and stocks tied to Australian securities felt a topside push in premarket action. The iShares MSCI-Australia ETF (NYSEARCA:EWA), a fund that tracks an index composed of Australian equities, is +1.7% in premarket trading.

Users who are viewing this thread