SVTP Recommendations : Socks

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
My feet started sweating a lot because old age, who knows. So I am trying some reebok thin socks from wally world that are suppose to keep the feet cool. Now my feet get colder due to sweating and being thinner. I have them on today as a last test. Now they will be no longer worn to work. I have to wear steel toe shoes. I guess they dont breathe well. I guess I will keep rocking hanes until they get holes.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Darn Tough.
- Best socks on the planet.
- Merino wool.
- Unconditionally guaranteed for life.

EDIT: AND Made in USA.

Last edited:

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wool socks for sure.
I paid $25 per pair and they are worth every penny.
Considering how much money people spend on shoes, $25 for a pair of socks is nothing.
I am in work boots 10 hrs a day on concrete and wool socks make all the difference in the world.

Blown 89

Established Member
Adidas ankle socks from Costco.

Ariat boot socks. They’re the only boot socks I’ve ever worn that don’t slide down by the end of the day

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Darn Tough, hands down. Made in the US and a lifetime warranty. Made from Merino wool. I haven't killed a pair yet. They have sales pretty regularly.

Darn Tough Socks here too. Everything else I wear through in 6 months at work.

Darn Tough.
- Best socks on the planet.
- Merino wool.
- Unconditionally guaranteed for life.

EDIT: AND Made in USA.

Another vote for Darn Tough here. Wife and I bought 6 pairs each years ago and we wear them on weekends, when we go out on hikes/walks, pretty much anytime we wear tennis shoes. They are comfortable and damn near indestructible. My only bitch is they tend to create a bit of lint after a full hard days use. Can't go wrong with their warranty either. I'll bet ours are at least 6 years old now and still no signs of thinning in the heel or toe areas.

U.M.

*EDIT* I just realized I'm sitting here in front of the PC wearing a pair of Darn Tough's as I typed this out. :ROFLMAO:

Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life​

If these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, you can return them to us for another pair. No receipt needed, just the pair in question.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never had issues with my Hanes socks in my work boots. All this Darn Tough stuff might change that.

I’m in boots on uneven rock and other unpaved surfaces pretty much all day, I usually get a year or so out of a 6 pack.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Another vote for Darn Tough here. Wife and I bought 6 pairs each years ago and we wear them on weekends, when we go out on hikes/walks, pretty much anytime we wear tennis shoes. They are comfortable and damn near indestructible. My only bitch is they tend to create a bit of lint after a full hard days use. Can't go wrong with their warranty either. I'll bet ours are at least 6 years old now and still no signs of thinning in the heel or toe areas.

U.M.

Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life​

If these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, you can return them to us for another pair. No receipt needed, just the pair in question.

Warranty is awesome. Buy once for life. You gotta pay shipping to get worn out pairs back to them, but...
Merino wool is the cats ass.

Darn Toughs T4033 Tac socks are fantastic cold weather socks. Full cushion, boot sock.
As warm as electric socks? No.
But imo, warmest just plain sock you can buy.

1682679906568.jpeg

96dreamer

Established Member
Man, my wife gave me an “unapproving” look for spending what I did on the socks I ordered because of this thread, she’d really question $25 pairs of work socks.

Darn Tough to explain in this case.

I got the same reaction when I got my first pair. I've been buying a couple pair a year for the past few years. GoBros.com | Shop Our Selection of Socks from Top Brands has sales on Darn Tough fairly regularly. I'll usually pick up enough to get the free shipping.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Man, my wife gave me an “unapproving” look for spending what I did on the socks I ordered because of this thread, she’d really question $25 pairs of work socks.

Darn Tough to explain in this case.

Should order a pair for her. :)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
was just gonna re-up on more Balegas but decided to try a pack of the bombas and a couple from darn tough

Users who are viewing this thread