SVTP GT Makes Ludicrous Power Gains : Home Brewed CAI Build

CypheriouS

Established Member
Maggie CAI project

:banana:<---- I'd be this happy to give you my money for a fully functional CAI and a nicely packaged tune to go along with it.

NAA-P51

Hello all,

New member and first post. I have a 2012 GT. I installed the Magnuson on 02-22-14. I really like the extra performance. I am running the tune sent with the kit from Magnuson and don't plan on having it dyno tuned any time soon. I am just wondering if anyone has dynoed an automatic like mine with the stock Magnuson tune. If so, what did it make? Thanks in advance.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
I can't wait to hear what came out of the call. Been waiting to hear something on this project for a while! I think one of the blue air raid filters will look pretty good on my car paired with this new intake when it gets done! I'm still running the standard tune with the Maggie now but i'll probably get it dyne tuned after the new CAI and maybe a new throttle body with it.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
Anything new on the custom intake Sid? I started looking at a Steeda ProFlow CAI with a BBK throttle body setup. . . I'd really like to know what's going on with this project before I pull the trigger on buying something else first. Anyone else have any experience with a setup like I'm looking at? What is everyone else currently running for an intake setup with your Maggie?

CypheriouS

Established Member
Edlebrock EForce CAI on Magnuson?

Anyone brave enough to try installing and tuning the EForce CAI on a Maggie? Inlet looks identical to a Magnuson. I would think the systems are interchangeable or need minor mods to make it fit.

kjdf5.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Anything new on the custom intake Sid? I started looking at a Steeda ProFlow CAI with a BBK throttle body setup. . . I'd really like to know what's going on with this project before I pull the trigger on buying something else first. Anyone else have any experience with a setup like I'm looking at? What is everyone else currently running for an intake setup with your Maggie?

The best thing I can tell you is to call up Hector at Central Florida Motorsports. He has a kit that works. Tell him I sent you.

Anyone brave enough to try installing and tuning the EForce CAI on a Maggie? Inlet looks identical to a Magnuson. I would think the systems are interchangeable or need minor mods to make it fit.

kjdf5.jpg

That was the first think I tried. The Edlebrock's TB location is completely different. The kit simply won't fit.

thundr306

Established Member
Glad to hear that! The Magnacharger is a great kit. Do you have any 1/4 mile or dyno numbers?

Still trying to get the tune dialed in but it just ran 10.85 with a 1.6 60'. I bent something in the rear suspension so I only got one run. Mods are 3.6 pulley, cai, accufab 84.5, off road x, gt500 ab, alum ds and drag radials/skinnies.

Done racing for the year here so final tuning will have to wait.

Last edited:

thundr306

Established Member
Not bad! What mph did it trap at? Stock suspension?

Those are my only mods...stock suspension (well...steeda ultralite lowering springs), stock gears.

It was one of my lower trap speeds 127.1, I guess due to all the swaying going down the track. It usually traps 129-130.

Users who are viewing this thread