SVTP GT Makes Ludicrous Power Gains : Home Brewed CAI Build

Nick_50

Established Member
Hey Impact 5.0
- did you guys ever find a solution to the surging/throttle issues? I have a 2012 with a 3.6 pulley and BBR mail tune. We've been trying real had to get rid of the surging/extremely touchy throttle. I have the cfm intake as well but still stock throttle body. Also as well as the touchy throttle I keep going into limp mode with a torque management check engine light code.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
I got the chance to talk to the tuner who does Mag's tunes that come from factory. He even said these Coyote's are a PITA to tune. Tell BBR to play with the TB table. Take some out and see if that helps. You might also be triggering the knock sensors.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I played around with it yesterday. There's a fitment issue with this prototype, it may take a little reworking of the mold to get it right.

Nick_50

Established Member
I have the cfm one on mine. Uses the airraid box. Might as well just stick to that. Now just to get this damn tune done.

Nick_50

Established Member
I already paid BBR and we are working on it together or else I would. If I'm paying money for another tune, it's going to be a dyno tune. Shop by me wants 650-700 for a tune. I thinks that's a little steep though.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Nice article! I just ran into the same issues with my 2012 GT500 with factory maf setup, stock injectors etc. Have Ford Racing TVS, 65mm TB/elbow, and 2.4" VMP pulley. The are made 670rwhp/671tq sae, but I am pegging the factory maf.

My 127mm JLT is on the way to me now and ordering the 2013 500 injectors tomorrow. I wasn't thinking I would get any more power gains out of this, but this article has me thinking.. maybe? Will be good if more power comes.. if not.. I am happy where I am for now.

BTW, the maf pegging was causing my fuel pump duty cycle to max out at approx. 5400rpm. Guess it was compensating?

UA13GT

Established Member
Providing you still have this setup. How has the long term performance and reliability for the coyote and the blower been?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Long story short; the prototype CF intake hard a few figment issues. We're not giving up on the project, we still want it to work. We're working on a a new design currently that should quash all the figment issues while still retaining all the power production advantages.

The durability of the afore mentioned home-brewed version has proven to be surprisingly robust. Still, the final version should be even better.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
So do you have any idea when this final version is going to be ready? Is this actively being worked on or is it a side project?

popeye010

Established Member
I owned Magnusons 2011 5.0 SEMA car and was always frustrated by the lack of great power numbers and other tuning issues. Would have loved to have seen this intake a year ago. I may have kept the car.

Users who are viewing this thread