SVTP Exclusive : CJPP Installs ARH Coyote Long Tube Headers

Steve@CJPP

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-tube-headers-installation-2011-2014-a.html

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mGHKcDh3rfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Mustang ARH Long Tube Headers 1-7/8" With Catted X-Pipe 3" Stainless Steel GT 2011-2014 | CJ Pony Parts

If you're looking to gain more performance from your 2011-2014 Mustang GT or Boss 302, Long Tube Headers from American Racing Headers can provide some big help. With street and off-road versions available, performance can increase up to 32 RWHP using stock mufflers and without a tune.

Today, Bill installs a 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers with 3" Catted X-Pipe into a 2011 Mustang GT. This kit features 100% leak free one-piece long tube design, 3/8" thick flanges with tig welded & hand ported inlets and 1-7/8" primaries to accommodate normally aspirated or supercharged applications. It includes merge collectors with scavenger spokes, direct bolt-in catted X-pipe, Ultra high-flow 200 cell metallic substrate cats, and a pair of oxygen sensor extension and averages 6-8 hours for installation. With this video, Bill shows you how to do it yourself!

See more 2010-2014 Mustang Long Tube Headers from CJ Pony Parts:
2010-2014 Mustang Long Tube Headers | CJ Pony Parts

See more American Racing Headers products from CJ Pony Parts:
American Racing Headers - Ford Mustang Parts - CJ Pony Parts

qwikhuh

Established Member
Someone had asked me about the use of the copper gasket sealant. We typically use that when keeping the original studs. American Racing supplies bolts with their headers as well. Using either method you can reuse the stock gaskets if you choose to.

jojobee

Established Member
awesome video.

You want to always use stock header gaskets. seals the best.
So you would take the bolts that came with the ARH kit and reuse the stock gaskets.
No need to replace them or use the copper sealant, right ?

I have a set going in very soon and was wondering...

qwikhuh

Established Member
So you would take the bolts that came with the ARH kit and reuse the stock gaskets.
No need to replace them or use the copper sealant, right ?

I have a set going in very soon and was wondering...

With the studs and the sealant I used we have never had any problems. If you are using the bolts then I would use the stock gaskets.

The motor mounts have to come out so if you want to replace them its the perfect opportunity to do so.

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member
With the studs and the sealant I used we have never had any problems. If you are using the bolts then I would use the stock gaskets.

The motor mounts have to come out so if you want to replace them its the perfect opportunity to do so.

Perfect timing, i was exchanging emails with Bill and just asked exactly that.
I was thinking of doind the Steeda mounts.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Great video and step-by-step instructions. The car sounds amazing too! Maybe I missed it, how much power did it pick up with the new headers?

qwikhuh

Established Member
We just got done with the tune. Picked up 20 rwhp and 18 rwtq but had solid gains across the whole powerband

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
No reason to drop the k member on an 05 and newer to do headers. 96-04 yes absolutely.

The car picked up 20rwhp and 18rwtq with the header install. We saw better gains on an NA car but still solid numbers. Went from 615rwhp to 635rwhp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread