SVTP : Cooper Tires Ride & Drive : Part 1 : More Fun Than any Human Should Have

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i just saw The rs3-a's on a lincoln LS. they look pretty nice. i wouldnt mind trying them on my GT. get rid of these sticky tires.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Nice job and good feedback. I have done a little AutoX in the rain and is is crazy fun. I would pay to go out and do that type of driving and evaluations. Keep up the good work!

CW1343

Established Member
That looked like fun! Thanks for the information. The Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires mentioned really caught my eye when they came out, a good review on those would be awesome. :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Would it be fair to say BFG's help your Vette run cooler? ;-)

Those cars were so overheated it was ridiculous.

That looked like fun! Thanks for the information. The Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires mentioned really caught my eye when they came out, a good review on those would be awesome. :beer:

I'd like to set one up for later in the year.

lkempf

Established Member
Same brand

Mickey Thompson tires is owned and made by Cooper. I have never tried them on my mustangs, but i just did just buy some for my Grand Cherokee and i have to say that i am very impressed. I was a little skeptical of buying them at first, but the price was right and they are better than the much more expensive Bridgestones they replaced. I will definitely consider Coopers for all of my vehicles.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Good to hear!! I just picked up the RS3-S for my daily driver (545i) due to good reviews on forums and tests. Stock size 245/40 18 front and 275/35 18. I will post up as soon as I get them on and have a chance to put them them through there paces.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good to hear!! I just picked up the RS3-S for my daily driver (545i) due to good reviews on forums and tests. Stock size 245/40 18 front and 275/35 18. I will post up as soon as I get them on and have a chance to put them them through there paces.

Cool. Let me know what you think about them.:beer:

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
They were fairly new, so I would assume LS3.

:nonono: Oh chevy... leave it to them to have the fans come on at 230 degrees with the factory tune.

Texas is brutally hot though.

It looks like you had fun. I just got to do something similar for the military; we drove crown vics impalas and tahoes though. Nice write up.

Last edited:

Kw.wright

Wright
Established Member
Valve cover bolts with very slight oil

I've noticed some slight oil on valve cover bolts on passenger side. Is this something to worrry about. Is crankcase pressure building up? I have jlt oil separator connected. Should I replace pcv and if so, what's 2011 gt500 pcv needed. The factory one is blue. Rockauto says ev289. I've read to used ev279. Which pcv is correct

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've noticed some slight oil on valve cover bolts on passenger side. Is this something to worrry about. Is crankcase pressure building up? I have jlt oil separator connected. Should I replace pcv and if so, what's 2011 gt500 pcv needed. The factory one is blue. Rockauto says ev289. I've read to used ev279. Which pcv is correct

I think you have the wrong thread.

Users who are viewing this thread