SVTOA A Scam?

JD00GT

SVTOA Member
What's going on over at SVTOA? I became a member on April 16th of this year and never received my member package, discount code, or anything. I feel cheated because I gave these people a membership fee and got nothing in return. I've sent them emails and and they told me my package was coming, then they stopped responding to my emails. Anyone else have this trouble with them?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
If you read the forums more frequently, SVTPerformance has taken over the SVTOA. SID has said it is going to take some time to get things sorted out..... So sit back, chill, and have some confidence.

JD00GT

SVTOA Member
Your link doesn't work. And I'm aware SVTP took over SVTOA. The last time Sid said anything to me was June, he ignored my last email, which was sent in August. He told me in May that the packages were going out at the end of May. I'm trying to see if this is happening with anyone else of if I was skipped over.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Link works for me just fine. It's a link to the SVTOA sub-forum. Maybe SID will step in and explain things.

JD00GT

SVTOA Member
If it's the forum for SVTP members only, I can't access it because I have no information on how to log into it(if that's how the sub forum works). I'd like to know why he won't reply to an email, it's not like I've been sending him multiple emails or bugging him, he just won't reply. I send him one every couple of months.

50stangpower

Established Member
He needs to register your username with the SVTOA acount. With that siad it took 3 trys for the discount code to work with communicating back and forth. I honestly feel like he should just return everyone's money and cancel the idea. He has said it is much harder then he was expecting.

JD00GT

SVTOA Member
I was never given that information, so I wouldn't know that they need to link accounts. I was also never given a discount code, even when I asked for one. I don't want this shut down, that's the last thing I want to see happen, but this seems really poorly executed. If Sid and the others are overwhelmed with communicating and getting the packages out to new members, some of the work should be delegated other members of the organization. I would have no problem helping out myself. First though, I'd like an update on what is actually going on.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You are correct, I've dropped the ball on communications lately. I've not been keeping up with the SVTOA emails. It's mostly because my time has been taken up with some rather large improvements we're working on for SVTP. Still, that's no excuse.

The major holdup has been the production of the new issue of the magazine. Without it, there's no point in sending out any packages. The editor has blown through several deadlines. All the copy is supposed to be turned in today. I guess we'll see how it goes later today.

All that said, we're going to be going through and extending memberships for all members. Essentially, your membership won't start until we can start shipping packages.

Finally, I have upgraded your SVTP account to a SVTOA member. You can now view the above links and will receive a discount in the SVTP store (it is automatically applied).

50stangpower

Established Member
I would like to this to succeed but i know how challenging it can be. I just don't want to be strung along and still not pan out. Either go ahead full bore or cut the cord. my 2C

Entrenched

Established Member
Can you link my SVTOA account to SVTP?

Thanks,

You are correct, I've dropped the ball on communications lately. I've not been keeping up with the SVTOA emails. It's mostly because my time has been taken up with some rather large improvements we're working on for SVTP. Still, that's no excuse.

The major holdup has been the production of the new issue of the magazine. Without it, there's no point in sending out any packages. The editor has blown through several deadlines. All the copy is supposed to be turned in today. I guess we'll see how it goes later today.

All that said, we're going to be going through and extending memberships for all members. Essentially, your membership won't start until we can start shipping packages.

Finally, I have upgraded your SVTP account to a SVTOA member. You can now view the above links and will receive a discount in the SVTP store (it is automatically applied).

WYSIWYG

Established Member
I renewed my SVTOA membership back in June and was able to see SVTOA threads. Today I can not see anything at all. Was my permission removed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're still adding custom usergroup permissions back on the new software platform. SVTOA members are on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread