SVT Raptor Question

badazzar15

Banned
Do you think the front fenders, hood, grill, bumper and rear bedsides from the 2010 Raptor - would bolt right up to a 2009+ F150?

I had a dream last night about a 2011 6.2L FX4 Supercrew with the same front end and bed as the raptor. Would look real good IMO.

2010_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor.jpg

3_ford_f150.jpg

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I'd say they would bolt up but doesn't the Raptor have a wider wheel base? If it does you would have severely tucked in wheels and tires.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Do you think the front fenders, hood, grill, bumper and rear bedsides from the 2010 Raptor - would bolt right up to a 2009+ F150?

I had a dream last night about a 2011 6.2L FX4 Supercrew with the same front end and bed as the raptor. Would look real good IMO.

2010_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor.jpg

3_ford_f150.jpg

Comparing the front ends, the Raptor looks s much better with the grill being flush to the headlights.

To answer the question, yes, they probably would bolt right up but like said before the wheelbase is not as wide.

Last edited:

silverstang23

Established Member
I bet not. They probably will make a kit the looks similar to the raptor. The raptor is 86.3 inches wide by 220.9 long. Now you need to measure your truck. The wheelbase is 133.0

badazzar15

Banned
I bet not. They probably will make a kit the looks similar to the raptor. The raptor is 86.3 inches wide by 220.9 long. Now you need to measure your truck. The wheelbase is 133.0

Ya, but the extra width from the Raptor comes from the flared fenders. Im not 100% certain, but I dont think the chassis is physically any wider. I think its mostly cosmetic that adds width

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ya, but the extra width from the Raptor comes from the flared fenders. Im not 100% certain, but I dont think the chassis is physically any wider. I think its mostly cosmetic that adds width

The tires are actually pushed out wider. They said when they put them on car haulers the tires are actually on the edges of the ramps.

badazzar15

Banned
The tires are actually pushed out wider. They said when they put them on car haulers the tires are actually on the edges of the ramps.

Ya, the suspension is much different obviously then the stock counterpart, which is adding width to the front tires. Point is that with the 8" lift & 37" Mudders Im referring to, it should look fine with the flared fenders

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The rear axle os wider on the Raptor, and the front control arms are longer. Tires alone are not going to do the trick for you. Keep in mind that a Raptor is pretty much as wide as an F-350 dually.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i am still trying to figure out how your going to get the 6.2 into the fx4?

you are talking about a lot of work and money to add 6 inches to the cab. you would end up putting a lot more money into the fx4 and still not have the e locker, hill descend, any of the other offroad electronics the raptor comes with stock.

Cantrell Motors

Established Member
raptor

yes you can take a f-150 and bolt the raptor parts on at sema they rolled a
f-150 on the stage and trans from it in to a raptor but it take alot of parts
you have to change the bed and rear axle the front A arm and shocks and
front end sheet metal and wheels,tires and that not all of it

Cantrell Motors

Established Member
raptor

yes you can take a f-150 and bolt the raptor parts on at sema they rolled a
f-150 on the stage and trans from it in to a raptor but it take alot of parts
you have to change the bed and rear axle the front A arm and shocks and
front end sheet metal and wheels,tires and that not all of it

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I think both the raptor and the truck you are talking about making would be kick ass. (When leading, make sure the locals aren't chewing kot or picking there teeth with a wooden pick. OEF Africa 2002-2003 the Horn./KFOR-3A 2001)

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
lesson in automotive terminology

wheelbase- lengthwise (longitude) distance between wheel centers

track- widthwise (latitude) distance between wheels

Who says the 2011 FX4 will be offered with the 6.2l? To my knowledge the 6.2 will be limited to the superduty, the SVT raptor and the harley davidson f-150. 5.0 DOHC is supposed to be the top dog v-8 for "regular" f-150s :read:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread