SVT Raptor pricing announced: Starting at $38k!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is much cheaper than I think anyone expected.

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: priced from $38,995

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: priced from $38,995
04/18/2009, 6:19 PMBY NICK AZIZ

Ford unveiled its 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor back in November, but made no mention at the time of anticipated pricing. Over the weekend, Ford officially announced the high-performance truck will start at $38,995 for the 5.4-liter version and $41,995 for the ballsier 6.2-liter edition. A luxury package with 10-way adjustable leather seats will add $1,995, while the exterior graphics package (shown in some photos) will cost $1,075. An interior accent package for $395 adds orange mesh trim and orange seat inserts.
The off-road truck is powered by an updated version of the regular F-150’s 5.4-liter Triton V8 three-valve engine, delivering 320 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. Also available will be a new 6.2-liter Boss V8 engine recently developed by the automaker, deliver 400 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
Ford says it performed extensive testing on the new powerplant, including subjecting fifty prototype engines to more than a dozen of the toughest engine tests at Ford’s dynamometer lab.
The SVT division used a 62-mile durability loop in the desert of Borrego Springs, California, to replicate the conditions of the Baja 1000 race, to further test the performance of both available engines.
While much of the focus will be on the new 6.2-liter mill, the 5.4-liter Triton also features a number of new technologies. A new open-valve fuel injection strategy improves horsepower during towing and higher rpm operations, while delivering lower emissions and better fuel economy.
Of course, engines are only part of the equation. A great deal of R&D went into the truck’s modified chassis and suspension. With 13.4 inches of usable travel in the rear suspension and 11.2 in the front, the Raptor promises to be a capable off-roader.
Raptor’s wider track and softer suspension mean it will glide over obstacles with relative ease. The suspension’s dampers were designed by Fox Racing Shox, giving the Raptor the only internal bypass shocks on a street truck. The position sensitive dampening internal bypass feature allows the shock to become significantly stiffer as it travels, preventing the truck from bottoming out.
The last component of the Raptor’s connection to the ground comes in the form of BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO 315/70-17 tires. Mounted on 17-inch wheels, these 35-inch tires are designed to work on- and off-road.
High-tech features include: Trailer Sway Control, an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, an Electronic Locking Differential, Hill Descent Control, an Off-Road Mode, and an Auxiliary Switch Board to facilitate aftermarket add-ons.
The F-150 SVT Raptor will be built along side the new F-150 at Ford’s Dearborn Truck Plant at the Rouge Center in Dearborn, Michigan.

:rockon:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I honestly would have expected the 5.4L to start at the $41k mark, and maybe start around 45k for the 6.2L.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Sweet.

On a side note, I still think $38K for the SHO is a bargain considering what you're getting.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
sounds sweet. the only thing that concerns me is the power output of the 6.2. if its makin 400/400, then whats the 5.0 going to make in the stang? i kno the current lineup has the 4.6 and 5.4 at around the same hp outut, but these motors have a much larger displacement gap

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Sweet.

On a side note, I still think $38K for the SHO is a bargain considering what you're getting.
"but... ...but... ...but... ...its a taurus!!!" i totally agree with you, but people on here are too concerned about buying a name rather than buying the content(seriously, compare it to any other loaded domestic or jap sedan in performance, content, and price, and it will look like a bargain). thank god the general public is the opposite.
sounds sweet. the only thing that concerns me is the power output of the 6.2. if its makin 400/400, then whats the 5.0 going to make in the stang? i kno the current lineup has the 4.6 and 5.4 at around the same hp outut, but these motors have a much larger displacement gap
take into account that the 6.2l is SOHC/2 valve and the 5.0l is DOHC/4 valve. i would imagine that the 6.2l should have a fatter curve in the low and mid end compared to the 5.0l.

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
That is awsome news. I would have thought it would have been starting at the low 40's with the 6.2 at like 46K.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Very reasonable. we may see alot more on the road (and off) than originally thought.

I hope Ford sells a shitload of these. the Blue Oval could use more polishing right about now. SHO will help too. next couple of years should be interesting for Ford fans :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread