SVT gone.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Just as long as Ford produces vehicles that make LOTS of ponies, that's what matters. :burnout:

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Just as long as Ford produces vehicles that make LOTS of ponies, that's what matters. :burnout:

Yeah, you're right but still, it's a shame. I was surprised when I heard this information. I saw it on tv, forget what show, I believe it was like the last major international car exhibition. They said SVT is no more, all the engineers are gone, either forced into early retirement or moved into other positions in Ford. I'm not kidding about this.

TEABG

Banned
SVT is still here! Mustang's and Fast Ford are three months behind in real time. That is why I also read Autoweek, only two weeks behind in real time.

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
svrsv.jpg

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Doc2003Cobra said:
Your're wrong.

im not sure if you remember, but there was a thread with a video of the GT500's at a media event and Jay O'Connell said that SVT isnt goin anywhere and it will be around for a while.

ripnroar46

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
im not sure if you remember, but there was a thread with a video of the GT500's at a media event and Jay O'Connell said that SVT isnt goin anywhere and it will be around for a while.

yep thats the latest i heard as well, didn't know they went away again if thats the case.

TRBO VNM

this again???

they went away and came back. this was months ago and I haven't seen any recent info saying they were gone again. as stated, sound like some people and mags are just behind the times. do a search, there are a few long threads about this when it really did come out.

cobra12003

Established Member
Call them on the phone and ask them, I did and the man who answererd said they are not SVT anymore , and they are moved into the main ford team as one

TEABG

Banned
Doc2003Cobra said:
Your're wrong.

Your wrong becuase not more than a month ago SVT was a California Speedway. They had a 2000 Cobra R and a 04 yellow vert and two 07 Shelby Gt500's, 1 coupe and 1 vert. The big semi was there and I heard the news straight from them. SVT HAS A NEW TRUCK ON THE WAY ALSO. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR LEARN ON AND READ THE NET.

GET INTO MY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:

I just saw this like two weeks ago, don't quote me but it was cnn, speed channel or something major like that.

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Well now I've been doing research at Ford and they're saying things like "To Mustang performance enthusiasts, SVT's rebirth of the Shelby GT500 is simply the hottest product news to come out of Ford Motor Company since the announcement of the Ford GT supercar" I'm really confused now, that may be an old webpage, the GT500 is the "Shelby" not SVT, there shouldn't be any badging on the car with SVT. Can anyone who knows for sure let me know. It almost sounds like Ford know what to do, otherwise it would be plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread