SVT GI’s 97 Cobra Build – C Heads / Auto / Twin Turbo

SVT GI

Established Member
Next round coming soon?

Yes Sir! Next round is fuel system and twin turbos. Been ordering the parts when I can and starting to stock pile them now. Since then I've just been putting some miles on it, right about 500 miles on setup now. Decided to keep the On3 kit but upgrade wastegates, BOV and Intercooler. Personal goal against the On3 nay-sayers lol.

Parts I've got in so far:
- Glenns 03/04 tank
- Fore dual 465lph hat and pumps
- Division X fuel rails
- 2x Tial MV-R 44mm wategates
- Procharger Big Red Race BOV
- Eboost 2 boost controller
- Moroso catch can, powder coated, lines and fittings

IMG_1295.jpg
']
IMG_1295.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1117.jpg
']
IMG_1117.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_1296.jpg
']
IMG_1296.jpg
[/URL]

Parts still needed:
- Bosch 1200cc injectors
- Regulator, filter, lines and fittings
- 03/04 fuel level sending unit
- Treadstone TT 1200hp intercooler
- Oil filter relocation kit
- Upgrade my single AEM wide band to Innovate dual wide band
- Donathan Racing front crash bar
- Vacuum distribution block, fittings and lines
- Misc cold side pipes, some welding and powder coating

That should wrap up the next round and start making some real power.

SVT GI

Established Member
Guess a lot has happened over the past few months! And guess I have to go back and update pics in this thread.

Had to tear into the motor and replace the oil pump. The 3V pump I was using with some billet gears had a little too much clearance in them and hot idle oil pressure was about 9-11 psi. Swapped it out with a Boundary billet geared GT500 pump, all is good now.

Finished fuel system
- Glenn's performance tank
- Fore dual 465 hat
- -10 feed/-8 return
- aeromotive regulator
- div x rails
- HPI Bosch 120lb injectors

I've run the traditional return setups in my previous cobras, regulator post rails. It works, but wanted to give the debatable "dead head" return setup a try to keep returned fuel temps down.

SVT GI

Established Member
After putting in fuel system, I started modifying the On3 twin turbo kit. Cut off the t3 flanges and welded on v-band flanges. Swapped out the .63 AR turbo hot sides for 1.06's. Got rid of the On3 intercooler, oil filter relocation, wastegates, BOV and cold side piping.

Used a Treadstone intercooler and of course the mounting flanges were backwards from how I wanted to mount the intercooler. Cut off mounting tabs and flipped them around.

IMG_1561.JPG

Started with a CG fab oil filter relocation block adapter. Was hoping it would work as is but had to modify it to fit the forward headers. Kind of made it like a 2v block adapter.
Before:
IMG_0954.JPG

After:
IMG_1555.JPG

SVT GI

Established Member
Used a Fore Innovations vacuum distribution block mounted in passenger fenderwell and converter all vacuum and boost lines to hardline push to connect fittings.
IMG_1549.JPG

Went Tial 44mm wastegates and a Procharger Race BOV. Tabbed up 3" to 3.5 " cold side piping.
IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

As you can see I finished up my catch can setup too. -12 lines

SVT GI

Established Member
Now that it's caught up. Tuned the car yesterday! Pretty happy with the results.

Red file-street tune, 93 pump gas
Blue file- race tune, c16
Analog= boost

I kept it pretty conservative on the race tune, there's more left. It was getting late so I called it good for now.

IMG_1036.JPG

I've got a short 10 sec video too but having trouble uploading it here.

96dreamer

Established Member
Didn't realize this was a local car till I saw the HPJ dyno tag. Awesome build hope to see it in person at some point.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Outstanding numbers! Really top notch build, love what you've done!

Where did you source all of your fittings and lines from for your hard, push-to-connect vacuum lines? I've been intending to convert all of mine for quite a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

SVT GI

Established Member
Holy shit that's awesome power for pump gas!!!

Thanks man! I wasn't expecting almost 19lbs for the street tune. I put 14.5lb springs in the gates thinking it would make a little less psi and I could bump it up with the controller to 15 or so. But the 18.xx lbs is what it's making for gate pressure so I might respring it later on.

The motor is solid and my tune is safe so it should be good to go as a street tune. I use to run my 04 kenne bell mammoth at 19 lbs for years as a street tune so in comparison, it's good. The challenge is hooking 800+ on the street.

Btw, man can't believe the luck you've had with your car and the motor recently. The Will is strong with you! I'm glad it coming back together and such a work of art!

Didn't realize this was a local car till I saw the HPJ dyno tag. Awesome build hope to see it in person at some point.

Yeah over here on the base. I go to the cars and coffee events every now and then but hope to be at gateway more frequently this spring.

Outstanding numbers! Really top notch build, love what you've done!

Where did you source all of your fittings and lines from for your hard, push-to-connect vacuum lines? I've been intending to convert all of mine for quite a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

I got the distribution block, a few fittings and the 1/4" line from Fore Innovations. Mounted it in passenger fender well. Yanked out the 2 barbed fitting from the intake lid, drilled and tapped for 1/8" NPT and used 3/8" fittings with hard line to feed each end of the distribution block. Then 1/4" feeds to all the accessories.

See two lines from intake to inner fender
IMG_1590.JPG

Distribution block, fed on each end with 3/8" lines from intake. Fore sells the oring an fitting with 1/8 NPT for the block.
IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

Even took the barbed fittings off the temporary turbosmart manual boost controller and converted them. Didn't want any line issues.

A place I found and ended up getting the majority of my push to connect fitting is MSC Industrial Supply https://www.mscdirect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductsHomeView they had the 3/8 line and the tricky fitting was the 1/16npt to 1/4 line for the regulator. Great customer service and had the stuff next day.

Nice build!!! Those are great numbers. Looking forward to the vid.

Thanks man.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea that’s a lot of power to try to hook Hahahaha. Yea man it’s ok with my car. I’m good with it. I take it day by day. Dollar by dollar. No one could believe it lol. But like I said just keep pushing forward. This car of yours is beautiful tho man. I hope to be in that power range one day haha

Users who are viewing this thread