SVT Fusion?

CincyFordman

Established Member
Has anyone heard about the mentionings of a SVT Fusion? I read somewhere that it may be AWD manual with a high performance 4cyl. If tru I think they should use the engine in the Maxda Speed6.

jakhammer

Established Member
Only thing I have heard is that SVT has some fusions they are playing with. Thats is all I have heard.

Chris

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Although the Mazdaspeed 6 is pretty fast for it being a turbo 4 I think if they do a svt fusion it should at least be the V6. I dont think the 4 cylinder will appeal too much with the svt crowd who is usually into modding their cars. Unless they are trying to appeal to a different crowd, but still Id hate to see them use a 4 cylinder.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Actually, if they produced an SVT like Fusion they may be able to keep some of their current customers. Think how many Mustang owners trade in their pony every year because they need something more family friendly. I'm betting a hotter Fusion may just catch their eye.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Actually, if they produced an SVT like Fusion they may be able to keep some of their current customers. Think how many Mustang owners trade in their pony every year because they need something more family friendly. I'm betting a hotter Fusion may just catch their eye.

Exactly, but not with a 4cylinder in it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
svtfocus2cobra said:
Exactly, but not with a 4cylinder in it.

I vote for this:

dscf8648.jpg

96.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
^ Isnt the Volvo V8 made by Yamaha? If they put that in the Fusion it would be a return of the SHO.

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
I have last years New York Auto Show Press Kit for the GT500. In one of the videos they are showing the clay models of the GT500 and in the background there is a quick shot of a clay Fusion. I'm not sure what this means but I found it kinda interesting.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Scoriox said:
it was a taurus?
LOL :lol: :lol: Anyhow, I do agree it would be a smart move for Ford. And if they do use a 4-cylinder, they should make it strong enough to smoke SRT-4's and Chevy Cobalt SS's.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
LOL Anyhow, I do agree it would be a smart move for Ford. And if they do use a 4-cylinder, they should make it strong enough to smoke SRT-4's and Chevy Cobalt SS's.

Its not anywhere near their model range though. If its gonna be AWD I say go with a V6T w/ about 300hp and take on the subaru legacy. But I doubt that would happen because then it would be stepping on the toes of the mustang.

CincyFordman

Established Member
Scoriox said:
it was a taurus?

Yes it was. But it appealed to the NASCAR fans. That why doing the same for the Fusion would be an awesome idea. Maybe not the V8 but defintley a high output V6. I think the Fusion would be too small for a V8. But I wouldn'y mind seeing a SHO 500. Something like the MKS from Lincoln.

Users who are viewing this thread