SVT Detectives Question

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
So there is this SUV that I have now had multiple encounters with on my way home from work. They will pull up next to me and maintain my speed or pull in front of me and slow down. I got to the point where I called my local sheriff's dept tonight to report their behavior before this escalates. Legally they can not tell me who the vehicle is registered to, however I am curious if (very slim chance) it turns out to be someone I know messing around. It is getting dark when I leave and cannot see the driver. Wanted to know if anyone could provide me with more information through a PM if I provide the license plate number. I believe I can submit a request through the WI dmv but that could take 60+ days.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you in, or do you associate with the mob?
the sopranos smoking GIF

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. Especially after having a family. Thankfully my kids have not been with me during any of these encounters.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'd do two things immediately: Get a dashcam, and change my commuting habits. I have a super flexible schedule, so out of curiosity I'd probably start leaving early and seeing where that SUV is coming from / going. AKA, are they sitting in a parking lot waiting for you to go by. I'd probably also start driving my other cars and see what happens LOL.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
I did buy a dash cam and have one encounter recorded. Need to get an SD adapter so I can download to my PC. Missed the encounter tonight as I don't want to overwrite the file. I should stop at best buy tomorrow.

MG0h3

Established Member
Running a tag is logged, so not likely anybody would do that for you.

As mentioned, change you route and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Changing route is a very good idea. Also, maybe try running an errand after work, see if they follow into a parking lot.

**** Biden

hotcobra03

Established Member
Do what most would. Use you phone and dial 911..when he is near you,

Or just go sign a complaint. Police may be more transparent after.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im pretty certain that you can google the plate info if you try hard enough…

also, since you carry, i would suggest to have that burner ready to rock and roll. None of this needing to rack the slide or overly complicated storage…. Be ready….

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Check your vehicle for trackers. A good PI has contacts and get the plate run most likely.
This is good advice. It's common knowledge that Apple's AirTags are being used to track motorists. The bad guy attaches the AirTag to the vehicle in a spot not easily detected and then they just wait until the vehicle leads them to your home. Obviously these could also be used to harass someone because they can be sitting at a spot on a route you take, monitoring where your vehicle is and just wait for you to pass. Changing your route would spoil their intentions, of course. So definitely check your vehicle for an AirTag or similar. This is not likely to be the case here, but still worth checking.

Also, you want to keep filming these encounters and saving them on your computer, because depending on their nature, you would have a definite case for harassment, and the driver could be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread