SVE Drag Wheels are back!

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Yeah I've thought about going that route also. Any pictures of 17x7 in the front and 15x10 in the back?

I've only seen 17x7 with 18's in the back

poof100

Established Member
I drove to the track on some SVE Dark Stainless wheels, 17X4.5 in the front and 15X10 in the rear with 28X10.5 ET Drags last night. No problems at all. They obviously won't corner like a street tire, but they were fine. Drove home again after the track, no issues.

Definitely a good looking wheel! Might have to get a set of the Black ones though, as they look killer, but the Stainless are pretty sweet too. :beer:

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Right, I'm sure they drive ok. I'm more concerned with higher speeds. How it feels at the end of a roll race on the street or 100+ mph. Not expecting a perfect ride, just asking if its something guys are nervous about doing on the street or if they just use them on the track.

corysmach1

Established Member
I got mine mounted today.

8B661B57-4DBB-4B8B-A771-4875C148A569-798-000000500175EA6B_zps01df74c4.jpg

A1C9A858-848B-40AC-8B37-AB2769169529-798-0000005007A45FA7_zpsa12a0ec2.jpg

E5BE5E86-2B88-4C2E-AFED-6D4F59DA4B01-798-00000050196DC905_zpsada28973.jpg

Looks awesome! What springs?

poof100

Established Member
Right, I'm sure they drive ok. I'm more concerned with higher speeds. How it feels at the end of a roll race on the street or 100+ mph. Not expecting a perfect ride, just asking if its something guys are nervous about doing on the street or if they just use them on the track.

We are doing 145mph in the 1/4, is that fast enough for your roll races? :shrug:

I'm sure they would be fine, just don't expect to stop as well as a street tire or take the turns.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Usually don't get that high in a roll race, just didnt know if the street differs from the track in the feel of the car and maybe shaking or something.

Like I said, never drove on skinnys

stang8psi

Established Member
Usually don't get that high in a roll race, just didnt know if the street differs from the track in the feel of the car and maybe shaking or something.

Like I said, never drove on skinnys

just make sure you get a set of matching bias ply tires and you wont have any swaying issues on the street..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I like that...stance looks killer! Are you driving to the track on that setup or trailering?

Drove the the track tonight but it rained out and I didn't feel like swapping out for the radials I brought with me.. needless to say, it was a long 29 mile drive home..

I drove to the track on some SVE Dark Stainless wheels, 17X4.5 in the front and 15X10 in the rear with 28X10.5 ET Drags last night. No problems at all. They obviously won't corner like a street tire, but they were fine. Drove home again after the track, no issues.

Definitely a good looking wheel! Might have to get a set of the Black ones though, as they look killer, but the Stainless are pretty sweet too. :beer:

Post up some pics of yours please

Looks awesome! What springs?

That is truly badass!!! I guess I'm gonna have to order a third set of wheels for mine!!

what springs ? x2:shrug::banana::banana::banana::rockon:

Thanks, Sportline springs, stock shocks.

just make sure you get a set of matching bias ply tires and you wont have any swaying issues on the street..

The car sways pretty good but I took it up to 130mph and didn't feel uncomfortable. I've driven on 28" tall drag radials which felt pretty mushy but it's nothing like driving on slicks. It's like you're driving on marshmallows.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yeah I've thought about going that route also. Any pictures of 17x7 in the front and 15x10 in the back?

I've only seen 17x7 with 18's in the back

dorothy36.jpg

dorothy37.jpg

dorothy38.jpg

dorothy39.jpg

dorothy40.jpg

We are doing 145mph in the 1/4, is that fast enough for your roll races? :shrug:

I'm sure they would be fine, just don't expect to stop as well as a street tire or take the turns.

that's not the issue, the issue is the weight of these cars, and driving that type of tire all the time

you have to worry about bumps, on and off overpasses, pot holes, etc.

again, I've done it in my blue car for years. but at one point, we found cracks all along the inner sidewall of the hoosiers,

very scary

poof100

Established Member
that's not the issue, the issue is the weight of these cars, and driving that type of tire all the time

Right, that's a given, but for his questions on driving to the track with the setup, it should be fine, not an every day driver.

Post up some pics of yours please

Here you go, some pics of the car from Friday night :burnout::

Boss302JPC_08162013_zpsa135d39b.jpg

IMG_0091_1024_zpsd6562228.jpg

IMG_0092_1024_zps6f155294.jpg

IMG_0094_1024_zps84e4aff7.jpg

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That looks mean with the black boss stripes. I dig it. Do you have any close-ups of the wheel color? I'm really digging it with that white

poof100

Established Member
That looks mean with the black boss stripes. I dig it. Do you have any close-ups of the wheel color? I'm really digging it with that white

I just re-sized my pictures so hopefully they show the color of the Dark Stainless better on the white. Take a look. I really like the Stainless on the White as well. The color is almost like a stainless steel Fridge if that makes any sense. Definitely a sweet looking wheel, thanks to Late Model Resto! I'll try to get more close-ups next time we go to the track (possibly this week for a rental).

Poof100 can you post up pics of the front grille when you get a chance....I'm debating on doing that upper/lower grille to my PW gt/cs. Thanks

Sure man. The car is in the garage now as it's been raining all day and I'm getting my driveway redone tomorrow. I'll try to get some in the garage and then take it out when the driveway is done.

I think the CDC upper/Roush lower would look awesome on your CS. Be warned though, the Roush lower I got from American Muscle is Grey, not black, not sure why :shrug:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Are you guys having your front ends realigned every time you switch back and forth between bigs/littles, or is the stock alignment working perfectly for both sets of wheels in most cases?

Users who are viewing this thread