SVE Drag Wheels are back!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks like racestar lost that battle!

Says who? lol

They're different. As much as I respect Beef. They're a different design & the finish looks better.

They are the same design, but use an acorn lug. I don't know any serious drag racer that is going to be doing 5-6k dumps on the clutch with acorns.

And if you have ever seen a "dark star" finish in person, a powder coat doesn't even come close to being as nice.

The dark stars are one of the sexiest drag wheels ever made imo.

CorDog009

Established Member
Aww hell yea. I've been wondering about those and looking at all the other drag wheels out there lately. 15x10's and 17x4.5's are on the to-do list now.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I've seen a few guys running these on the street at various cruise ins....how bad is that!?
I have not done any research on these but Im guessing they are not made very strong for turns!?

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
And if you have ever seen a "dark star" finish in person, a powder coat doesn't even come close to being as nice.

Yes the Dark Stars are sexy, but there finish isnt that great! Mine were peeling after 5 months and were not used for daily driving.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Says who? lol

They are the same design, but use an acorn lug. I don't know any serious drag racer that is going to be doing 5-6k dumps on the clutch with acorns.

Just for my own knowledge, why do you speak lowly of the acorn lugs in a drag application?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Look almost identical to dark stars to me :shrug:

they are a copy of the race star with the lug style changed, and powdercoated vs the pvd process

Yes the Dark Stars are sexy, but there finish isnt that great! Mine were peeling after 5 months and were not used for daily driving.

2 years and 8000 miles, and mine still look perfect. I even nicked one 2 years ago, and it's still never peeled at all from that spot

Just for my own knowledge, why do you speak lowly of the acorn lugs in a drag application?

the biggest thing would be potential flex on high rpms launches. a shank is going to go further into the wheel, and cover more of the stud, which will in turn distribute the load more evenly.

and we'll beat any prices on the equivalent finishes as well! :)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Says who? lol

Plenty of guys doing 5/6k clutch dump on weld RT/S wheels and others. I've seen multiple Racestar/Darkstars in person.... They easily get this oxidation hazed/smudged look. Personally I think the darkstars almost have a purple'ish murky look when the light hits it right.. I prefer pitch black. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have a set of racestars, they just come in at a higher price at least based on everything I've seen advertised. (W/ the exception of your 4 wheel $560 shipped special, from last winter which if you have going on again I'll gladly purchase)

You're saying you'll beat the SVE Prices? you'll do 17x4.5 direct drill darkstars for less than 179 a wheel shipped ?

Users who are viewing this thread