Supersnake Axle Back

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I bought them directly from L&M on black friday along with billet oil pump gears, low vacuum bypass and cam bolts for 2000 to my door saved about 250 dollars day. I'm going to pull my car on the dyno where I get all my work done to see how much boost it does on the dyno and power afterwards to see the back to back results. Hopefully the weather will be close on the days to get close comparsions. I need to set up a day with Lund to remote tune it also

I've always wanted a cammed car, I think my 14 might just be the one that gets them.

Hourigan218

Established Member
I've always wanted a cammed car, I think my 14 might just be the one that gets them.

I've had cammed cars before but we're the old pushrod 5.0 my 67 gt350 (clone) is a cammed car as well, old school sound and love it. For my 13 i want the sound and a little extra h.p but do not want to really go over the 800 whp mark. I'm at 730 now with a 3.6 kb, arh long tubes, off road h-pipe, at 15.8 ps and lund tuned. With the cams I'll lose about 2-3 psi that's why I'll need the 15% lower. Hopefully I'll be at about the 790 ish whp with the extra mods

HighTorque

Established Member
i've had cammed cars before but we're the old pushrod 5.0 my 67 gt350 (clone) is a cammed car as well, old school sound and love it. For my 13 i want the sound and a little extra h.p but do not want to really go over the 800 whp mark. I'm at 730 now with a 3.6 kb, arh long tubes, off road h-pipe, at 15.8 ps and lund tuned. With the cams i'll lose about 2-3 psi that's why i'll need the 15% lower. Hopefully i'll be at about the 790 ish whp with the extra mods

whoa just noticed youre in laredo thats my hometown ill be down there this weekend visiting family. Unfortunately wont be in the shelby.

Hourigan218

Established Member
whoa just noticed youre in laredo thats my hometown ill be down there this weekend visiting family. Unfortunately wont be in the shelby.

Well. Welcome home. Shoot me a pm when you're in town. Not as many shelby here as in DFW. What part of town you from?

HighTorque

Established Member
Well. Welcome home. Shoot me a pm when you're in town. Not as many shelby here as in DFW. What part of town you from?

Sorry just saw this I didn't log on all weekend. I grew up in the mines rd area. I should be back down there in a few months ill give you a heads up .

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I know this is pulling from the grave a bit, but shelby just discontinued this part over the weekend. I managed to get what I am told was the last one on the shelf last night by pure luck.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wonder what you get if you send your Shelby in to be Super Snaked?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I would have to imagine they have a stock pile set aside for conversions . in any case I'm glad I got my set from the classifieds and saved some cash.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I asked this question and they didn't know... but it's not the oval borla exhaust according to the guy I spoke to.

That is too bad. I may be the only one but I think this is the best looking exhaust tip for the Shelby. Typical for Shelby, overpriced, but I was looking to get a set. Guess not now.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
That is too bad. I may be the only one but I think this is the best looking exhaust tip for the Shelby. Typical for Shelby, overpriced, but I was looking to get a set. Guess not now.

No I agree the large oval tip on these really looks nice on the rear of these cars .

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No I agree the large oval tip on these really looks nice on the rear of these cars .

+1 You have great taste. In addition, you like cammed cars so you are Aces in my book.

Not sure what axleback I will end up with. Had my heart set on the Supersnakes. Use to disappointment as I am married.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I like the quad tips, so I went Borla. BUT, I did the street version instead of the SS muffler. I am tempted to get a set of these to add some volume but am good with the quads.

Glad you got the last set.

Tom

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
tomshep is right and I have been remiss, up props for snagging the last set. I am looking for more volume too. Looking to get that old school muscle car sound.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I asked the seller why so much time for shipping. He said these are coming direct from Borla. I don't know if they are sitting on extra inventory or they are actually still making them. I am surprised they are making these since they have Shelby on the tips. I would think part of the deal with SAI is they make "X" quantity and SAI has to buy all of them according to a contract. Interesting.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread