Summer has started (2017 BBQ thread)

Piasared

Established Member
Nice relaxing day. Chickens on the smoker and the cobra is waiting to get wilwood brake kit put on it tomorrow. Few mins I'll put the corn in the white bucket on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
b1c892084a30c0c059f1367855dfdcae.jpg

NJredfire03

Established Member
Nice relaxing day. Chickens on the smoker and the cobra is waiting to get wilwood brake kit put on it tomorrow. Few mins I'll put the corn in the white bucket on

Good god man. What did you pay for that yoder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Is that the 480 or 640? How do you like it?

Piasared

Established Member
Is that the 480 or 640? How do you like it?

480 and wish I had spent the extra $200 for the 640. Built like a Sherman tank and holds it temperature better than anything else I have ever used. It's a great cooker for someone who doesn't want to waste a day watching the firebox

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
480 and wish I had spent the extra $200 for the 640. Built like a Sherman tank and holds it temperature better than anything else I have ever used. It's a great cooker for someone who doesn't want to waste a day watching the firebox

That was going to be my next question lol. I would love to have one of those. For now, my weber kettle suits me. Or for larger cooks, I borrow my dads large weber kettle. It takes a lot of tending to though.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Fillet on a grill? Blasphemy!

Lol do you do sous verde? Is that what it's called? I'm open to suggestions thinking about getting a smoker one of these days for ribs and such. I love grilling.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol do you do sous verde? Is that what it's called? I'm open to suggestions thinking about getting a smoker one of these days for ribs and such. I love grilling.

Nah, every time I think about diving into that adventure I look at my kitchen and realize I have no more room for gadgets. But if I do filet it's pan fried in a cast iron skillet, then placed in an oven.

To be honest the filets look like chicken breast. How thick were they originally?

Users who are viewing this thread