Suicide Squad, Anyone Seen It Yet?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Saw it last night at a Dolby Cinema theater :rockon: and well….. I liked it but not love it. Im a big comic book fan so my opinion might be a bit different. Went with some friends most of them loved it but still had their small negatives.

Overall, it was enjoyable, something new to see on a different side of “superhero” movies. The villain, editing and part of the story were my problem.

I will say though, the critics were harsh, its nowhere near the mess they make it out to be. Its just not as light hearted/kid friendly as the Marvel movies and I’m on board on that, not every comic book movie should have a laugh in serious scenes.

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
I agree with you.

This wasn't a 10/10 but an easy 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it, then again I'm also a huge comic fan. Harley was as close to the old cartoons as you coups possibly get. Will Smith did a pretty good job. I'm torn by the joker, but I would have liked to see him more.

I'm really hoping they release another directors cut like they did with b Vs s.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I did no enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Huge comic fan but they trashed the joker in this. He is like a 18 year old emo/goth boy. I hated that part. And Harley seemed dumb as a box of rocks. She is crazy intelligent in the comics.

Overall 5/10

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with you.

This wasn't a 10/10 but an easy 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it, then again I'm also a huge comic fan. Harley was as close to the old cartoons as you coups possibly get. Will Smith did a pretty good job. I'm torn by the joker, but I would have liked to see him more.

I'm really hoping they release another directors cut like they did with b Vs s.

Apparently they cut a some of his scenes out becuase they didn't go over well with test audiences. In one scene he slapped Harley Quinn and may have even tried to kill her, and it didn't go over big with test audiences. Jared Leto wasn't very pleased about the cuts. There is hope that the deleted scenes, or most of them, will see the light of day. So probably in a special director's cut.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Haven't seen it yet, but disappointed hearing the bad reviews. I was really looking forward to seeing it.....especially Margot Robbie......yum

o2gt

Established Member
I don't know much about the back story and don't read comic books. But I thought it was an ok movie. I really thought the Joker would be in it more. I did not realize they would be fighting a witch, can't say i found that overly interesting. I was hoping for a more traditional bad guy. But again Im not a comic book person so maybe was the problem.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Apparently they cut a some of his scenes out becuase they didn't go over well with test audiences. In one scene he slapped Harley Quinn and may have even tried to kill her, and it didn't go over big with test audiences. Jared Leto wasn't very pleased about the cuts. There is hope that the deleted scenes, or most of them, will see the light of day. So probably in a special director's cut.
He doesn't kill her. He does go over the edge with her and she ends up coming back to him. That's their crazy relationship.

*Possibly Spoilers*

The scenes with more joker paid more homages to the Joker and Harley relationship. It pretty much goes.
-Back scenes stayed the samehowever it would also add Joker already mistreating Harleen. She would chase Joker after he would rob a bank I believe. That's where we see the part of the trailer where joker slaps Harley only to seduce her again and getting her in the car.

-The movie would continue the same up to the rescue. This scene however instead of Joker pushing off the chopper to protect her, he would push her off before it because she wanted to go back to the squad. Again, closer to their crazy love.

-Later on, he would meet the squad I'm another attempt to bring Harley back but her not wanting to because of earlier reason. This time his has is half burned because of the earlier incident. Throws the grenade to the squad to cover his escape.

*End Spoilers*

Also disappointed the longer scene with Ike didn't make the cut where he makes the "I can't wait to show you my toys" I thought it was a good line and delivery for Joker

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Granted, I'm not a huge fan of Hollywood but one thing I despise is how Hollywood always tries forcing the same actors as if they are the best thing out there. Smith is easily one of the most over-rated actors I've ever seen and the other two leads, well, I can't recall one thing from either of their body of work.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Haven't seen it myself, but I'm also disappointed with the bad reviews it has received. I also read that Warner Bros. was so pleased with the company that edited the trailer, that they let them edit the final film. Which from some reviews, seems to be a major problem with the movie.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Not yet, looking forward to it though, it was shot in TORONTO and caused a lot of shat during all the night shoots with the car chases and explosions. LoL

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not yet. From what I've been hearing it suffered the same issue as BvS, the WB editors screwed it up. The Ultimate Edition of BvS was like watching a different movie than the theatrical cut. I have a feeling this one is going to be the same way. I know these companies are afraid of an R rating and a long run time, but they need to learn that the audience likes that. It's costing them a shit load of money. I wonder how much the box office will fall off next week?

Defknotzero

Established Member
I saw it twice. Once Thursday and once tonight. The reason I saw it twice was the fact that for Thursday night, I kept having a hard time getting all the bad reviews out of my head so I ended up not liking it. I figured it deserved another shot and was able to go in with no prior thoughts. I actually REALLY enjoyed it the second time.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Not yet. From what I've been hearing it suffered the same issue as BvS, the WB editors screwed it up. The Ultimate Edition of BvS was like watching a different movie than the theatrical cut. I have a feeling this one is going to be the same way. I know these companies are afraid of an R rating and a long run time, but they need to learn that the audience likes that. It's costing them a shit load of money. I wonder how much the box office will fall off next week?

60%

nomoretickets

Established Member
I enjoyed the film, but it had some serious problems. Plot was paper thin, exactly zero character development, writing was pretty shitty (just rewatch the scene in the abandoned bar again. Ive seen MMR rant threads on here with better dialogue). The Joker was entirely irrelevant to the film. Did nothing to advance the plot or character development, he was just in it so they could use him for advertising.

7/10 because it was a fun film to watch and the acting was top notch from start to finish.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Haven't seen it myself, but I'm also disappointed with the bad reviews it has received. I also read that Warner Bros. was so pleased with the company that edited the trailer, that they let them edit the final film. Which from some reviews, seems to be a major problem with the movie.

This is true. The big problem with this being that all shooting was finished and the film was already halfway through the editing window with a different production company when WB decided to make the switch.

Whole script was also written in 6 weeks too, so yea... Its not gonna win any awards for production

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
*spoilers*

I thought it was ok. Did not like the magical witch. Also where did the scuba gear come from at the end of the movie? They just happen to have it the whole time? Also if a bomb underneath could kill him why did they not just launch missiles.

Harley Quinn was super hot but if she is going to wear those shorts she needs to hit some squats.

Users who are viewing this thread