Sucks when you know the termi has to be sold

jmccown

Established Member
Well, in a way at least. I just found out that my wife and I are expecting another child in July. I can't wait. I have a 4 year old daughter now and she is the light of my life. She likes daddy's new car too. Kids are so much fun. I just bought my Cobra and love it. I guess things work out the way they do for a reason. Guess I'll be selling it to get a mini-van...NOT. Just not a good idea to have car seats in a high performance car. Probably get a Tahoe or a Suburban or something like that. I'll probably drive it on nice weekends and enjoy it for a few months till the time nears. If anyone might be interested in a trade for a newer Tahoe, Suburban, Crew Cab (Diesel or gas) truck PM me. I'll probably be posting in the FS forum in March or April. Don't know whether to be happy or cry. Who knows, maybe things will work out financially where I can afford to buy another vehicle by then and keep the cobra.:cryying:

coild

Established Member
How about a SC Harley truck?
Lots of room with lots of fun!!
Think about it.
I am proud today to be able to tell my 20 year old son that the first Ford he ever rode in was a 1971 Torino GT with the 429 CJ. He was only 10 days old. He now drives a Mustang GT.

BTW, congrats on the newest family member.

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
you can probably get more for your $$ if you put it back to stock and sold the aftermarket stuff

how much for the gords heat exchanger? :)

jmccown

Established Member
coild, crew cab? That is cool that your son is a lifetime ford guy. I hope things will later work out to be able to keep my car, really it's too early to say. I'll PM you. I'd love to bring my new little guy/gal home in the cobra but I just don't think a cobra is the kind of car I would want to haul my family around in. But that's just me. My 4 yr old loves to ride in the cobra. The rumble just puts her to sleep whenever I take her for a ride.

03yellow

Established Member
Dont laugh at the mini van......
Get a 3yr old Mazda min van with 30,000 you get:warranty/26 mpg/ DVD player)all for under 10,000 and keep the cobra.
They run for ever.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
If you still want a fast ride and have a nice SUV, look into a Jeep Cherokee SRT8.
My buddy has one and it's beautiful. Black with leather and loads of power.
With a shot of N20 he was on my bumper down to a mid 11 run.
Congrats on the new addition to your family and Happy Holidays!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
<godfather mob voice>
...leave the kid, take the car...

jk
congrats, it will all work out

jmccown

Established Member
I thought about an SRT8 Jeep. One of my friends has one, but the gas mileage is horrible with them. I love the looks of them.

64comet

Established Member
Congrats on the baby and remember the Cobra seats 4. Keep it if able. Hell get a cheap family car and keep the cobra as a toy. You can get a taurus cheap and they have a huge frickin trunk.

03cobramanIII

Banned
why you ''got'' to sell it ? is it payed for .if not are you going to lose money on it?
so keeping it would be the best bet, i would never sell my cobra, if wife was having a kid, sorry honey car stays!
if it's payed for why sell it. unless money is the only issue.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulation on the new baby news! That's great. Hey, you'll have lots of time for performance toys down the road. The kids always come first. I hope you get the best possible price when you sell. Best of luck. Enjoy continue to cherish and enjoy your growing family. :)

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
I purchased the Cobra when my first son was three, having been fortunate to have a "trade in" of my '95 GT (yeah, I know)...we then started a major house project during which we found out about son number two (and Mom was stayed home for almost a year)...My point is that things have a way of working out and you will find out you will do what it takes for the right reasons.

congrats, by the way...it is an exciting, challenging time raising little ones.

jmccown- Yes, I do haul both boys in the back, I just go easier in the turns and full acceleration...I actually get thumbs up from some Dads passing in mini vans or SUB's...I gues I am showing that it is possible to have both...hope it works out for you as well...Take care.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Last time my ex's 3 yr old little girl was in the Cobra she just kept saying "It goes really fast". Great kid... wish I could have kept her but not the ex :lol1:

dragon40k

Established Member
Sorry you feel you have to sell. Your kids could fit in the back but its just not a practical vehicle for carrying kids on a regular basis.
I feel lucky that I havn't had to sell the cobra because I had kids. If I thought i'd have had to sell it I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I've only taken my kid in the cobra one time.

goingup

Established Member
Magnum srt8s are going very cheap. You might be able to trade up to a 06 Magnum srt8 for very little money and still be able to dominate 99% of the cars on the road.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread