Suck on this you anti gun **** cucks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers will tell you to put three rounds center mass. In the grapefruit (of the sternum), is Ken's verbiage.

My best friend, and a well known match director in NC was shot in the right temple with an S&W 442, .38 special +P ammo, point blank. Was in the hospital three weeks, and went back to work in six. Bullet lodged in his left jaw.
Yep. The guy that owns our company and head instructor has worked with Hackathorn a lot in the past. We had a past instructor get jumped by a gang of guys, pulled out his .380 and put a round in one of the guys chest and he replied with "is that all you got?" The round penetrated less than an inch into his chest.

We teach that the only way to stop someone dead in their track is to hit that sweet spot in the head, but you should always put rounds on target wherever you can of course. Trying to hit the head will not always be a given so you may be able to deter by hitting other critical parts of the body and with enough time kill the suspect. A US Marshal told us a story of a cop in a close confrontation with his suspect, he had his sights aligned on target but the suspect shot him dead straight in the head. The officer still had the cognizance to get his shot off though, killing the suspect, before he himself fell to the ground dead.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
You have no idea. You'd fall out of your chair if I told you who he worked for when it happened, and which friend accidentally actually shot him in the head. It is the dangest story you can imagine
exactly why I have a gun pretty much every where I go haha

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Yep. The guy that owns our company and head instructor has worked with Hackathorn a lot in the past. We had a past instructor get jumped by a gang of guys, pulled out his .380 and put a round in one of the guys chest and he replied with "is that all you got?" The round penetrated less than an inch into his chest.

We teach that the only way to stop someone dead in their track is to hit that sweet spot in the head, but you should always put rounds on target wherever you can of course. Trying to hit the head will not always be a given so you may be able to deter by hitting other critical parts of the body and with enough time kill the suspect. A US Marshal told us a story of a cop in a close confrontation with his suspect, he had his sights aligned on target but the suspect shot him dead straight in the head. The officer still had the cognizance to get his shot off though, killing the suspect, before he himself fell to the ground dead.

The only .380 I have is a tiny Kahr CW 380 that I rarely carry, but just like having a tiny BUG gun for deep concealment as necessary. I've read stories of .380 defense ammo expanding and not even penetrating heavy winter clothing. I carry .380 hardball in winter if I carry that gun.

nxhappy

Established Member

I would shoot for the chest first if possible, easier target and larger than the head. But like you said, you are just trying to hit "what you can" . 45acp for me, with a shotgun.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The only .380 I have is a tiny Kahr CW 380 that I rarely carry, but just like having a tiny BUG gun for deep concealment as necessary. I've read stories of .380 defense ammo expanding and not even penetrating heavy winter clothing. I carry .380 hardball in winter if I carry that gun.
Im not sure what he was using for specific ammo as I didnt hear it from him but from another instructor. There's just so many variables to deal with that you can never know the sure answer to deal with a threat. You can only choose the best option out there.
I would shoot for the chest first if possible, easier target and larger than the head. But like you said, you are just trying to hit "what you can" . 45acp for me, with a shotgun.
.45 is fine but dont get too caught up with its "stopping power". It will get the job done but almost every instructor out there will reccomend 9mm out of the the main 3 round sizes. With it you get huge capacity, easy recoil management, and ballistics that can exceed or equal .40 and .45. People who come to our classes with larger calibers tend to struggle more withproficiency trying to run a .45 and .40 is rarely seen anymore actually. I had a buddy who was one of the best shooters around; outshot Hackathorn actually. He ran all of his classes that he attended all over with a stock Glock 19. 9mm essentially is the future until something new replaces it.

nxhappy

Established Member
Im not sure what he was using for specific ammo as I didnt hear it from him but from another instructor. There's just so many variables to deal with that you can never know the sure answer to deal with a threat. You can only choose the best option out there.
.45 is fine but dont get too caught up with its "stopping power". It will get the job done but almost every instructor out there will reccomend 9mm out of the the main 3 round sizes. With it you get huge capacity, easy recoil management, and ballistics that can exceed or equal .40 and .45. People who come to our classes with larger calibers tend to struggle more withproficiency trying to run a .45 and .40 is rarely seen anymore actually. I had a buddy who was one of the best shooters around; outshot Hackathorn actually. He ran all of his classes that he attended all over with a stock Glock 19. 9mm essentially is the future until something new replaces it.

not too worried about it. I'm pretty accurate, with many MANY guns available =)

ps- I love my glocks

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
not too worried about it. I'm pretty accurate, with many MANY guns available =)

ps- I love my glocks
If you know your shit, shoot whatever the hell you want haha. I never want to discourage anyone from doing what they feel comfortable with.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers will tell you to put three rounds center mass. In the grapefruit (of the sternum), is Ken's verbiage.

My best friend, and a well known match director in NC was shot in the right temple with an S&W 442, .38 special +P ammo, point blank. Was in the hospital three weeks, and went back to work in six. Bullet lodged in his left jaw.
Two in the chest one in the head then be a good samaritan and revive the ****er with your sock. Srs.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

I actually misunderstood what you said here. When you said grapefruit I was thinking head. While the shot you are saying is a deathblow, and probably a fast one, we teach that the only immediate dethblow where all motor functions are rendered useless is to put a round through the skull that impacts the Cerebellum. That's why when training for head shots the T box extends from the lower lip to the top of the eyebrows. Like Bruno said though, the failure drill is a great drill for guaranteed death, but in a violent confrontation it should really be like 7 or 8 to the chest and another 6-8 in the head lol. To preserve ammo during training we do 2 and 1 lol.

Trained with Marsoc way back when I was a lowly LCpl and we asked them if they utilize the drills we perform on the range in combat. They preceded to show us by unloading on the chest and then unloading on the head of the target and said "that's how you kill someone".

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember the horror stories about what would happen when Florida went shall issue. Same stories when Michigan did it. Always the same stories, but the truth is completely opposite.
Funny thing about libs, they could drown in a sea of facts still claiming they were dehydrated.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member

The thing that really demonstrated the difference in some of the ballistics of 124 gr 9mm versus 230 gr .45 acp, is shooting at steel at 100 yards, which I do purely for kicks when I finish a range session. The 9mm shoots flat and straight out to the steel, mainly because that round is hauling ass.

While it is true that fat and slow sometimes gets the job done, the .45 round (which I love to shoot in matches, by the way) is usually observed bouncing off the dirt about 10-20 yards in front of the steel, lol. I think it's a great CQB round, but Ken is a huge advocate for putting three 9mm in center mass, if you can't put one in the "computer" (head). And everybody knows he's a 1911 guy, which in his words is "The worlds greatest close quarters battle handgun":D

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a guaranteed kill. Shoot the head... repeatedly. It's ****ing crazy what the human body can accomplish riddled with bullets. You may have ended their life with 12 rounds to the chest but there is still a lot of life left at times before they give up. We teach this stuff in our class and it is one of the most important things to remember.

The Dalai Lama begs to differ :D

13043457_967141530060294_674635666585477969_n.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are college campuses really that dangerous lol. their probably the safest places in any city I bet. This just makes me LOL

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Are college campuses really that dangerous lol. their probably the safest places in any city I bet. This just makes me LOL
My son has experienced one armed home invasion in off-campus student housing, beaten and robbed, then a second attempted break-in while he was at home in other off-campus student housing in another city, and my other son witnessed the aftermath of a home invasion in his own student housing just a few doors down. All three locations were some of the nicest student apartments you can rent.

Laugh all you like. Come to their door unannounced and it will be answered with a shotgun in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread