subframes on an 03 what are the advantages?

98tacoma

Banned
Full lengths aren't going to make the car too stiff? I've got H&R's already and the ride is nice, but I don't want to feel like I'm riding on a flat piece of concrete on the road. I've never had SFC's before (had a '96 Cobra before this), so I may not be realizing exactly how the car will feel after them.

04Venom

Established Member
98tacoma said:
Full lengths aren't going to make the car too stiff? I've got H&R's already and the ride is nice, but I don't want to feel like I'm riding on a flat piece of concrete on the road. I've never had SFC's before (had a '96 Cobra before this), so I may not be realizing exactly how the car will feel after them.

Not to worry; the ride actually improves with SFCs.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Definitely an improvement. The car feels more solid/responsive and less "mushy" now. The SFC's made a world of difference shooting through the canyons out here in the PRC too. :burnout:

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
I just got subframe connectors put on :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

OMG. I cannot even begin to tell you how big of a diff. they make. The car just goes straight. It's like a diff. car. :rockon:

swami

Established Member
98tacoma said:
thanks guys - the front end is so GD sloppy right now I can't stand it.
MM caster camber plates will improve front end stability dramatically. MM 4pt k member brace helps also and is a $100 well spent. i am still debating on a MM strut tower brace. HTH

04Venom

Established Member
swami said:
MM caster camber plates will improve front end stability dramatically. MM 4pt k member brace helps also and is a $100 well spent. i am still debating on a MM strut tower brace. HTH

Definitely get the MM lower chassis brace. I also went with the strut tower brace as well; no regrets. Also, don't forget lowering springs.

immortalstang

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
GLOBAL WEST!!! :rockon:

Can you tell me who installed your subframes and for how much? I'd like to do it right the first time and would like to hear some recommendations. Thanks

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Or these from Maier Racing http://www.maierracing.com:

largepn1ms3203.jpg

$249.00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread