subframes on an 03 what are the advantages?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
essential mod, do it. Maximum Motorsports, Laurelmountainmustangs or UMI performance are excellent.

Also read the RED PILL

Hye

Established Member
keeps the chasis as rigid as possible
they are GREAT for using the car to jack up using a jack or j stands
read the red pill, i'm sure there are other advantages too, these are just a couple.

Sea Ya

Established Member
hay guys, i could not reccamend sub frames any higher you wont belive how much of a diff. it makes,i put them on every stang i get "had 5 so far", jus make sure when you weld them/bolt them up your suspension is loaded,meaning the weight of car should be on the suspension , not hanging tires... hava good 1 & sea ya chuck

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I'm getting MM Subs among other things installed next week, I'll let you know what's up after my trip to PAE's. :)

otto

Established Member
remember when people were always asking about intake-exaust intake-exaust and now its the first thing mustang guys do, no questions. well subframe connectors are the same way now, its an obvious first step. sn95 and newedge stangs are so sloppy its not even funny. add the cobra motor and its a disaster.installing connectors will make an unbelievable difference. I have an agent47 innerframe in my 04 cobra. subframe connected stangs run circles around nonsubframe connected stangs and innerframe stangs run those same circles around subframe connected stangs. it all just depends on how serious you are about handling.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
otto said:
remember when people were always asking about intake-exaust intake-exaust and now its the first thing mustang guys do, no questions. well subframe connectors are the same way now, its an obvious first step. sn95 and newedge stangs are so sloppy its not even funny. add the cobra motor and its a disaster.installing connectors will make an unbelievable difference. I have an agent47 innerframe in my 04 cobra. subframe connected stangs run circles around nonsubframe connected stangs and innerframe stangs run those same circles around subframe connected stangs. it all just depends on how serious you are about handling.
I saw that set-up at SEMA, it looked cool. Having a cage built into it is really nice, too. I still haven't got any info from them on it.

sloopjonb

Established Member
SonicBlueFTW said:
seeing alot of subframes on 03/04 cobras.
wondering if it would be a good mod to get..

I just had Jannetty Racing in Waterbury, CT install the Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix System. They did a fantastic job of fitting and welding the system correctly, then carefully painting the whole thing. What a difference in the car! It rides better than it did before, and the chassis just has a real tight and solid feel to it. What a beautiful system when done right.

You can still get these, but they are disappearing fast now that Kenny Brown has ceased operations.

Venom04

Established Member
MM full length subframes are the best. Just had them installed and I have to say what a difference in ride and tightness of handling. Now I know what people are talking about when they say this should have been there first mod. AGREED! Turn the wheel and it goes. WOW!

swami

Established Member
MMFL are the only way to go! your car is a sloppy piece of mush until you get these "properly" welded in, then you'll understand. HTH

04Venom

Established Member
Take a Terminator, add MM full length SFCs, MM lower chassis brace, MM strut tower brace, lowering springs and Billetflow IRS brackets and you turn a killer muscle car into a very respectable corner carver.

swami

Established Member
was the MM strut tower brace worthwhile in your opinion 04venom? i plan on installing urethane irs subframe, diff bushings and a steeda subframe bracket.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
04Venom said:
Take a Terminator, add MM full length SFCs, MM lower chassis brace, MM strut tower brace, lowering springs and Billetflow IRS brackets and you turn a killer muscle car into a very respectable corner carver.

Make sure to do the MM IRS subframe bushings too. You will thank me later... :burnout:

04Venom

Established Member
swami said:
was the MM strut tower brace worthwhile in your opinion 04venom? i plan on installing urethane irs subframe, diff bushings and a steeda subframe bracket.

There are those who argue, with sound reasoning, that a STB is not necessary unless you have coilovers. My own experience suggestas that it is worthwhile. The STB was the last suspension mod I did and clearly the full length SFCs made the most difference, in handling, followed by lowering springs (I used Steedas), IRS brackets, lower chassis brace and STB. Adding the STB just seemed to tighten things up a little more. As I noted in my orginal post, squeaks and rattles are now non-existent. I have not done the IRS bushings, but I intend to do so. One final sugggestion, the Billetflow IRS brackets are significantly stronger (they use a backing plate) than the Steedas and cost only a little more.

GodStang

Established Member
How much better are the MMFL then the Kenny Browns? I have a set of KB lying around that were suppose to go on my 01 cobra but never did. They are the weld in with the cross brace. Or should I sell them and buy the MMFL?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
GodStang said:
How much better are the MMFL then the Kenny Browns? I have a set of KB lying around that were suppose to go on my 01 cobra but never did. They are the weld in with the cross brace. Or should I sell them and buy the MMFL?

It's personal preference....ive got the KB Matrix on mine, but have a buddy who's got UPR's and they look better than my KB's...I would just go with what you have, instead of trying something else b/c someone claims its better...fact is, any chassis stiffening mod is going to be better than stock :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread