Subframe connectors

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't track my car so if I was going to do it over on my vert I would add the Global West and leave the factory units in place. Naturally you cannot use the GW seat supports but big deal I'd rather have the extra suspension support. Later you can add the GW jacking rails if that is the direction you want to go with your car. Just another option for you to think about.

absolutely horrible idea. the stockers are not worth shit. they are so flimsy they add very little to the equation. and the GW jacking rails will not wor with the stockers IIRC.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I was going to do them last year and then got the deal to have my car worked on at FTBR to get the complete IRS gone over and upgraded.

Now I will be picking up the car soon and this is the next immediate upgrade.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
The sad thing is that I emailed Global West and stifflers to get pictures of their product installed or some better shots of the connectors installed. Both companies haven't replied.

It makes me want to buy from another company that actually responds to emails.

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
I had the Stifflers SFCs installed on my 03, they made a huge difference.

file_zps5489d14e.jpg

file_zps57112983.jpg

file_zpsf8a1e960.jpg

file_zps2602761f.jpg

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I have crappy Kenny Brown SFC. I plan on picking up stifflers full length sooner or later. I just hope that I can find a good shop to cut the old ones out and still make everything look decent....

jpk

Established Member
I have crappy Kenny Brown SFC. I plan on picking up stifflers full length sooner or later. I just hope that I can find a good shop to cut the old ones out and still make everything look decent....

I used to have a coupe and after adding the Kenny Brown jacking rails and matrix brace, it was very good. Might be a more cost effective to upgrade than tear out and replace.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you do know that when people ask to see pics of your install they are asking to see the actual subframes and not the ass of the guy putting them in dont you?

I had the Stifflers SFCs installed on my 03, they made a huge difference. Here is a crappy iPhone pic.

file_zps4ce3138f.jpg

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Pictures updated. Though I have to say, RDJ, if you're looking at that guys ass, you are wandering through the wrong site here.....

Last edited:

SonicBeast

Established Member
i have a coupe so i just went with the mm ones, but now im looking into where to have them welded in. since were close by i was wondering if you had someone in mind. marv at c&m quoted me quite a bit. i beleive it was 400-500 painted and all. i called kilpatrick engine and transmission in waukesha as they have done some welding for me in the past and they said it wouldn't take more than a couple hours. let me know what your thinking of doing

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Pictures updated. Though I have to say, RDJ, if you're looking at that guys ass, you are wandering through the wrong site here.....

nice try cupcake. but you still failed miserably. and your attempt at turning it around failed even harder. the fact that you can't tell that someone wants pics of your actual subframes and not the side of your car says volumes.

now since this is not in smackdown and I don't want to hijack the thread I am done with you

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Yeah I havent even looked into it yet either for an install shop.

i have a coupe so i just went with the mm ones, but now im looking into where to have them welded in. since were close by i was wondering if you had someone in mind. marv at c&m quoted me quite a bit. i beleive it was 400-500 painted and all. i called kilpatrick engine and transmission in waukesha as they have done some welding for me in the past and they said it wouldn't take more than a couple hours. let me know what your thinking of doing

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I was going to contact this place.

Fast Times Automotive & Performance Center

Category: Auto Repair
9435 W Lincoln Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53227
Neighborhood: West Allis
(414) 329-3260

My friend had some done a few years ago and I will find out where and how much too.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I just looked up my bill from 2007. to install the MM full length subframes, and make and install a custom matrix brace cost me just under 500 bucks. the install for JUST the MM FLSFCs was 207.00.

I was going to contact this place.

Fast Times Automotive & Performance Center

Category: Auto Repair
9435 W Lincoln Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53227
Neighborhood: West Allis
(414) 329-3260

My friend had some done a few years ago and I will find out where and how much too.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
+1

I have the Hans Racecraft on my convertible... night and day difference.

-Brian

No decision after 5 months :shrug:

Who ever said the outboard jacking rails don't do anything for tortional stiffness should have their head examined :dw:

Good call on the Global West or Stiffeners. Take a look at the Hans Racecraft Hans Racecraft - Ford Mustang Subframe Connectors which would be my first choice over the other 2 but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Make sure you weld them on "weight on the wheels" or your doors won't close

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I think I am going to get the Stifflers FIT system cause it has a lot more weld points on it compared to the Global West system.

Users who are viewing this thread