Subframe connectors

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Getting the FT 5001 and FT 1860 kit installed.

Bruce said with out the Subrame done too it will still flex.

I also looked at the Stifflers FIT system but I liked how the Global west was all one piece not 3 pieces.

most of that slop you are talking about is the IRS walking around because the complete IRS is mounted in rubber for a nice smooth ride and to cut down on harshness
the sub frame connectors will only cure the chassis flex, if you want to get rid of that feeling like the ass is walking around you need the bushing kit from Bruce

Jroc

Established Member
Getting the FT 5001 and FT 1860 kit installed.

Bruce said with out the Subrame done too it will still flex.

I also looked at the Stifflers FIT system but I liked how the Global west was all one piece not 3 pieces.

The benefit to the 3 piece design is you fit it to your specific chassis, and weld it all together. Same principal as a Dr Gas X-Pipe.

I would much rather have a 3 piece setup to be honest.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
problem I had with the steeda ones is that you had to cut into the floor to mount them I did not want to chop up my car. that is also why I don't have a roll cage in it.

If you want to do Global West then also look at the Stifflers FIT system.
Chassis Stiffening FIT System 1994-2004 Mustang

If all you want is FLSFC's then I recommend Steeda over MM. They are pretty much the same thing eccept the Steeda SFC's come with torque box re-enforcement plate which is a nice thing to have when you thing that the SFC's are welded to the torque boxes which aren't the strongest in the world to begin with. I have installed both Steeda and MM FLSFC's.
Steeda Full Length Subframe Connector (79-04 Mustang) 555-5245 - Free Shipping!

If you really want to beef up the car then do in-floor SFC's with a cage tied into them. Still you probably don't want to hack up your floor, and it can be a little time consuming, and you have to be careful(measure twice, and cut once kind of careful) Still you cut into the floor and the subframes of a Foxbody/SN95 and you will quickly understand why people say they are on flinsy/outdated chassis. Even the front subframe only uses about 19 ga(about .041" thick) material as does the floor boards. The rear subframes are about 12 ga(a little over .100" thick) material.

Jroc

Established Member
problem I had with the steeda ones is that you had to cut into the floor to mount them I did not want to chop up my car. that is also why I don't have a roll cage in it.

Why? :shrug:

I didn't have to cut into the floor on mine. Welds on just like the MM FLSFC's other than you just weld the torque box supports to the torque boxes.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Why? :shrug:

I didn't have to cut into the floor on mine. Welds on just like the MM FLSFC's other than you just weld the torque box supports to the torque boxes.

each to his own. I looked at both, the Steeda set I was looking at you had to cut the floor and I don't remember why I didn't care for the other one. My 04 is not a race car other than occasionall on a road course so the torque box supports was not needed IMHO.

I like my setup, it proved a very stable platform and does what I want it to that is all I really care about.

03TopDown

Slither
Established Member
jaj82d.jpg

i did Kenny brown extreme matrix
i love them. 10/10

Last edited:

SupaPimp

Established Member
I have the full Stifflers kit and love it. It made a huge difference in the feel of the car.

reldla1996

Established Member
I have the Kenny Brown extreme Matrix set up on my 89 Mustang, and the Stifflers complete set up in my 04 Cobra. The Stifflers set up is much beefier in every dimension, on both the sub frames and the interconnecting braces between the sub frames and the jacking rails. Then add in the Spider brace which then ties the K member back to the sub frames. The Stifflers set up made a huge difference in the way the car handled.

SnakeForce

Established Member
I have the Kenny Brown extreme Matrix set up on my 89 Mustang, and the Stifflers complete set up in my 04 Cobra. The Stifflers set up is much beefier in every dimension, on both the sub frames and the interconnecting braces between the sub frames and the jacking rails. Then add in the Spider brace which then ties the K member back to the sub frames. The Stifflers set up made a huge difference in the way the car handled.

Do you have any pic of your subframe connectors?

SuperSport01

Established Member
I like MM or Steeda FLSFC's and then would add in the Stifflers items if you desired more than what just FLSFC's offer.

reldla1996

Established Member
Here's a picture, if this works...my first attempt at posting a picture here....

/media/sdb1/Pictures/Cobra/Details/PICT0032.JPG

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
jaj82d.jpg

i did Kenny brown extreme matrix
i love them. 10/10
Correct me if im wrong but aren't you supposed to have load on the tires when welding the subframe connectors? Or was this after?
Here's a picture, if this works...my first attempt at posting a picture here....

/media/sdb1/Pictures/Cobra/Details/PICT0032.JPG
No workie, make a photobucket account and upload them thru there, very fast and easy.

Also looking into SFC and eyeing the MM, anyone ever heard of J&M are they any good or just a cheap knock off?

reldla1996

Established Member
So here's attempt number two at posting a picture....Stiffler's subframes, jacking rails, and FIT system. Not a great picture, but if you look closer at the lower left center, you can see the passenger side spider brace running from the middle of the sub frame to the transmission brace, and in lower left corner, you can see the driver side spider brace running from the transmission brace to the K member brace.

PICT0032_zpsbb98f659.jpg picture by reldla1996 - Photobucket

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Anybody got more pictures?

I am deciding between the Stifflers and Global west systems now. It is now just coming down to the price when I decide to buy.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I don't track my car so if I was going to do it over on my vert I would add the Global West and leave the factory units in place. Naturally you cannot use the GW seat supports but big deal I'd rather have the extra suspension support. Later you can add the GW jacking rails if that is the direction you want to go with your car. Just another option for you to think about.

SlowSVT

Established Member
No decision after 5 months :shrug:

Who ever said the outboard jacking rails don't do anything for tortional stiffness should have their head examined :dw:

Good call on the Global West or Stiffeners. Take a look at the Hans Racecraft Hans Racecraft - Ford Mustang Subframe Connectors which would be my first choice over the other 2 but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Make sure you weld them on "weight on the wheels" or your doors won't close

Users who are viewing this thread