Stupidest Thing About 2020 GT500!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Yeah rotary shifter is janky as hell. I knew the new edge has one and the explorer. I hate those things. Also, the only paddle shifters that I really liked were in my RA and Evo and they were done right were they are fixed to the center shaft instead of on the actual wheel and even then I hardly ever used em.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The articles i read all say magnesium shift.

I cannot find an engine bay shot on my quick search....does it still have a prop rod? Ford refuses to give mustang factory hood lifts and it is just funny at this point.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I disagree. Have you ever tried executing a fast forward to reverse motion with a rotary dial controlled transmission? What happens when you miss Reverse and click over to Park. By by expensive DCT; hello massive repair bill.
Its called you shouldn't be driving at all then.

Time to go back driving school it sounds like

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I cannot believe that people are bitching about this car and being serious.

It's going to be amazing.
Its called there very jealous that they will not be able to own or drive one.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yeah rotary shifter is janky as hell. I knew the new edge has one and the explorer. I hate those things. Also, the only paddle shifters that I really liked were in my RA and Evo and they were done right were they are fixed to the center shaft instead of on the actual wheel and even then I hardly ever used em.

Why would you want them fixed to the column and not rotating with the steering wheel? If your hands are at 6 and 12 and you want to execute an upshift or downshift, your fingers will be meeting dead air when you reach for the triggers.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
The new GT500 looks awesome and will likely have the performance to back up the good looks. However, I wouldn’t buy one based on the stupid rotary shifter alone! Also, come on Ford, don’t put plastic shift paddles on a car like this. Make them out of magnesium or aluminum.

Ford keeps doing this stupid shit when it comes to the user experience. Build a decent vehicle 95% of the way and then play stupid cheapskate on the last 5% that the owner actually touches and feels.

Thoughts?

Pretty sure the shift paddles are magnesium

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Why would you want them fixed to the column and not rotating with the steering wheel? If your hands are at 6 and 12 and you want to execute an upshift or downshift, your fingers will be meeting dead air when you reach for the triggers.

giphy.gif

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
What color you guys like at this point?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
All black with either flat black or anthracite rocker stripes only and red calipers which I think are standard.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Articles I read said paint stripes are an option. Which is an upgrade over the past on vinyl option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread