Stupidest Thing About 2020 GT500!

Status
Not open for further replies.

94RedCobra

Established Member
The new GT500 looks awesome and will likely have the performance to back up the good looks. However, I wouldn’t buy one based on the stupid rotary shifter alone! Also, come on Ford, don’t put plastic shift paddles on a car like this. Make them out of magnesium or aluminum.

Ford keeps doing this stupid shit when it comes to the user experience. Build a decent vehicle 95% of the way and then play stupid cheapskate on the last 5% that the owner actually touches and feels.

Thoughts?

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Same issue in the new Explorer. Isn't the whole point of a rotary shifter that designers can put it anywhere and free up console space? Now we have Ford switching to rotary shifters and putting them in the middle of the console where the traditional shifter went.

CV355

_
Established Member
Rotary shifter?
*Looks up "Gt500 Rotary Shifter" in the Google*

V0j7kj.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
I can think of some things far more stupid than that. For instance, the fact that it's likely going to cost over 90K when fully optioned, and over 100K with dealer markup.....for a Mustang.

08mojo

Established Member
I can think of some things far more stupid than that. For instance, the fact that it's likely going to cost over 90K when fully optioned, and over 100K with dealer markup.....for a Mustang.

I hope not, but I'm honestly thinking you're right on the close to $90k msrp. And ADM, it will be there for sure. I'll let those guys that gotta have it take the hit. I can wait a few years.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The new GT500 looks awesome and will likely have the performance to back up the good looks. However, I wouldn’t buy one based on the stupid rotary shifter alone! Also, come on Ford, don’t put plastic shift paddles on a car like this. Make them out of magnesium or aluminum.

Ford keeps doing this stupid shit when it comes to the user experience. Build a decent vehicle 95% of the way and then play stupid cheapskate on the last 5% that the owner actually touches and feels.

Thoughts?
Where did you see that the paddles are plastic?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Except for the large mouth bass front end that most car companies are using now the new GT500 looks great. The DCT is fine but I still enjoy rowing gears because I am an old school fart. The stupidest thing will be the price since I paid less for my house...lol.

Recon

Established Member
Needs a GT500 rocker stripe, and that GT500 stamp taken off the front bumper. Change those 2 and I’m ok with the body; and I’d be in love if they made one in RC. In regards to the transmission, I want 3 pedals, period.

Pick your poison.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Those paddles are definitely not plastic... People keep making stuff up lol. Rotary knob is definitely gay but wouldnt be a deal breaker to me
They do look chintzy compared to the ones in my truck. They should be CF in the CF package...****ing Ford always ****ing shit up.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I think the DCT is awesome, rotary shifter is kinda lame, but whatever. I could maybe swing it if I sold my 14, a testicle, a kidney and financed for 96 months..

All that sacrifice, and the birds will still shit on it.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Im just disappointed its not around 30k with performance equivalent to a 720s. I mean the car is probably slower than a pulley'd demon. #fail

Def.
Likely, traction deciding against a stock demon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread