Stupid HOA makes me want to sell my Cobra

arbs

Established Member
What’s going on guys.

Just wanted to rant a little bit because I just got another cobra in April after waiting 6 years. Clean too. One owner, 60k miles, all stock. Like, EVERYTHING. The community I live in has an HOA so things are a little on the strict side but the other day I parked on the street and the president went to my car and tagged it saying that I was in a spot that was restricted. It doesn’t make sense because it was right in front of the house on the street. It almost makes me not want to have the cobra because I don’t want to have to deal with the stupid HOA shit. I know the HOA is supposed to make or keep Home values up but they don’t make sense to me. We’re only supposed to have one car parked on the street in front of our house and it has to have a sticker and it has to be between a certain time. I get off late and get home around 3 am. Before I went to sleep I looked at the car because I parked it outside, that was around 5:30 am. But when I woke up around 10, I looked at my car and it was tagged with the restricted parking thing. Idk, HOAs are stupid if you ask me, we don’t even have a community pool to take care of or anything like that. All we have is a grass section to sit or walk on.

Now I’m debating if I even want to deal with a new car because there will be some days I have to park it on the street. I’m leaning towards selling now it because of that.. ugh.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Just to clarify... you knew you could only have 1 car on the street, that’s supposed to be stickered, and only between certain times. However, you parked a non-stickered car on the street, seemingly not between the approved hours, and that makes you want to sell the current car?

While I agree the rules don’t make sense, it sounds like you were aware and I’m confused on what difference a different car makes. It doesn’t sound like you were targeted because of vehicle type.

arbs

Established Member
Just to clarify... you knew you could only have 1 car on the street, that’s supposed to be stickered, and only between certain times. However, you parked a non-stickered car on the street, seemingly not between the approved hours, and that makes you want to sell the current car?

While I agree the rules don’t make sense, it sounds like you were aware and I’m confused on what difference a different car makes. It doesn’t sound like you were targeted because of vehicle type.

No it’s not the car they were targeting it was just me parking in front of the house. But it’s so early in the morning and everyone is sleeping. Who cares. Lol. I just don’t like that fact that we move in to a better neighborhood and now we’re being forced to abide by these stupid rules. Houses have to be a certain color, on trash day, trash cans can’t be out until after 6 pm to get picked up the next day, we can’t have certain types of trees or plants. Like wth.

I used to have one car in front. But since I got the mustang the daily stays in the front now along with the wifeys daily and the mustang is now in the garage. But I took the mustang out one night to work and parked the daily inside the garage and when I came home I parked the mustang where I would usually park the daily, on the street in front of the house. So now I’m stuck having a car and no parking. Not really sure what to do now.

I honestly wish I knew this would be an issue. I probably wouldn’t havent gotten the mustang.. sounds dumb but apparently where I live dictates what I can drive and how many cars I can have. Storage isn’t really an option because I’d have to pay for a storage fee and not even see the car everyday. I’ve lived here for two years and moving, specially in the Bay Area, isn’t easy.

arbs

Established Member
@arbs, I'd seriously consider moving. How long have you lived there? That HOA could because a bigger nuisance going forward.

I know. It seems like it. When we just moved in we had tags that we would just hang on our rear view mirror, kind of like a handicap thing, but not that big. Two years later we have to have stickers placed on our lower left part of the windshield and the car has to be registered or something to that extent.

It’s pretty ridiculous.

BMSTNG

Established Member
So you say you have a garage you keep the cobra in. Why not keep the cobra and make it your daily. You have 60k on it at this point use it and enjoy it. That's what I would do before selling it. HOA fees can be a hassle but I'm sure the community you live in is very nice because of the fees. You could alway's move to a less desirable neighborhood park your car outside wake up the next morning and your car not be there. Me personally I would much rather get a sticker but with the garage and getting rid of your daily you wouldn't have to worry about either. It's a give and take

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No it’s not the car they were targeting it was just me parking in front of the house. But it’s so early in the morning and everyone is sleeping. Who cares. Lol. I just don’t like that fact that we move in to a better neighborhood and now we’re being forced to abide by these stupid rules. Houses have to be a certain color, on trash day, trash cans can’t be out until after 6 pm to get picked up the next day, we can’t have certain types of trees or plants. Like wth.

I used to have one car in front. But since I got the mustang the daily stays in the front now along with the wifeys daily and the mustang is now in the garage. But I took the mustang out one night to work and parked the daily inside the garage and when I came home I parked the mustang where I would usually park the daily, on the street in front of the house. So now I’m stuck having a car and no parking. Not really sure what to do now.

I honestly wish I knew this would be an issue. I probably wouldn’t havent gotten the mustang.. sounds dumb but apparently where I live dictates what I can drive and how many cars I can have. Storage isn’t really an option because I’d have to pay for a storage fee and not even see the car everyday. I’ve lived here for two years and moving, specially in the Bay Area, isn’t easy.

So you have 3 cars, one garage, one driveway, and one parking spot on the street.

So makes sense to have one in the garage. One in the driveway. And one on the street.

The one on the street needs to have the sticker or whatever marking to abide by the HOA rules. So either get a sticker for the Cobra to park on the street, or park one of the other two on the street.

You know the rules, I don't know what your rant is about. Sounds like a whine fest.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I say move to the projects..... They park their shit on the grass there and no one even complains lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You could have/should have reviewed the HOA rules before buying the damned house, if you didnt like em you shouldnt have bought it. BTW, many counties/cities have the same rules about the hours you can put out trashcans

we have an HOA in my neighborhood but they aren't nearly as anal as all that, otherwise I wouldn't have bought the house. The HOA where my aunt lives is ridiculous, no way in hell I'd live in her neighborhood

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Your neighborhood is better because of the HOA and because people who are looking for a better neighborhood tend to be attracted to ones that have some sort of enforcement to keep it better, which means a HOA.

Parking cars on the streets makes the neighborhood look low rent. You're lucky because my old neighborhood didn't allow parking on the street, but everyone did because there was no way to enforce the rule (we couldn't tow away offenders). It made the neighborhood look trashy.

They targeting you because if they let you get away with it, everyone else will do it, then they'll whine to the board about how other people are doing it. I was on my HOA board and you wouldn't believe how childish 'homeowners' are. 'He does it why can't I?', constantly telling them to cut their yards, put trash cans away. It's like dealing with children.

You can join the HOA board and get them changed. It isn't hard to join the board - most residents aren't interested in being on it because it takes away a couple of hours a month from their TV watching and phone/table usage. Getting the rules changed can be hard because it is often written in and requires a vote. You think enforcement of the rules is a pain, try getting anyone to vote on anything.

I'd recommend moving to a place without a HOA. You're going to find it to restrictive I think (car guys have that kind of attitude :) ).

Good luck

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My HOA allows no street parking...so at least yours isn't that strict.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Not trying to be rude, but always read the fine print, and ask questions when buying any home.

I enjoy tropical plants and Live Oaks. I don't plan on anyone telling me I cannot plant palm trees, etc. If I want to have a party with 50 people, I want them to have the ability to park where they wish (gatherings at my place are a normal occurrence). This means I want to bring out lighting, a club sized PA with multiple subs, and a projector or large TV if a good game is on.

Being that I am currently in the music industry, musicians enjoy sitting around the fire pit, lighting the grill, and writing and singing.

I would be an HOA nightmare.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I'm about to move, specifically because of HOA. These idiots allow tow trucks through our gated community at 4am, and they tow people for questionable infractions. Petty sure there's a nice handshake deal on the side between them..

Users who are viewing this thread