Stryker, the New 2013 SRT Viper Logo

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I read it is going to be a 8L v10 with 660hp to top the gt500 (although that dosen't matter since huge numbers are bolt-on away) and that they also considered a forced induction v8 but wanted to stay true to the v10

The GT500 was not even in the sights during development. The Viper is on a whole different level, and that is no disrespect to the GT500. The 13 GT500 would still lose to the last gen Viper. This car will be at least 500# lighter, with much bigger tires/brakes, a far more advanced suspension, etc. It will also have a much higher price lol. We are talking a niche supercar, vs a mass produced muscle car. Two different markets.

The mustang crowd will be up in arms if a mag decides to compare the two, so lets not even open that can of worms.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Remarks from Ivan Ho, President of the Viper Club of America’s South Florida Chapter who did see the new Viper up close:

"As we would soon find out, under that cover was no Gen 5 Viper; it was a Ferrari 599. The new Viper was across the street in the sister hotel. They broke down the group in 4 groups; no camera or phones allowed inside the display. You had to check in your camera and phone and then get swept by the police with an electronic wand. Yes they were serious. Ok, so here’s my opinion on the Gen 5 Viper. As I looked at it slowly turning on the turntable, you could see from the front end that it was much more sophisticated then before. Brake ducts were apparent in the front grill. Use of LEDs for lights PLUS the round fog lamp that we have been accustomed to seeing, was changed to all LEDs because of Sergio wanting an updated look. The hood swept down deeper like the Shelby Series 1, but towards the front, there was an aggressive hood scoop. Moving towards the back, there were 2 vents, one on each side that was located right behind the door. The rear of this car was all GTS, with use of rear valance, plus use of LEDs as well for the rear lights. The rear panel looked almost like an Astin Martin too, combined with a similar shape of the Maserati Gran Turismo. Why has Dodge kept this car from the public? My feeling is that they may wish to tweak it a little more or they may want to release it during the Detroit Auto Show. There was a focus group the next day to address our opinion so I’m positive that many people did attend. This car is definitely beautiful, but maybe a little too kind. Looking at the new Gen 5 logo, it doesn’t match the look yet. I know some of us wanted a meaner more aggressive look, and I think they are close".

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I thought Stryker looked a little cartoonish at first, until I saw the "silhouette" they've released of the car. I can see the way the lines relate between the two. Now it makes sense, and not so cartoonish.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I thought Stryker looked a little cartoonish at first, until I saw the "silhouette" they've released of the car. I can see the way the lines relate between the two. Now it makes sense, and not so cartoonish.

what is this silhouette you speak of? Do you have a link by chance.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I believe this is what he's talking about:
viper13.gif

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
^^ damn you beat me to it. I cant wait to see the new viper, sneaky pete is still my favorite logo however.

Users who are viewing this thread