Stryker, the New 2013 SRT Viper Logo

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
2013-SRT-Viper-Logo-1.jpg

"With each new generation of the Chrysler Group's Viper sports car comes a new interpretation of the snake logo and the same holds true for the next model that will be officially unveiled at the 2012 New York Auto Show in April.
Following last month's release of the black and white teaser of the new Viper, which will be marketed under the SRT brand instead of Dodge, the Detroit automaker has now revealed the new and more sinister looking "venomous" logo nicknamed "Stryker".

Chrysler's SRT division tells us that the new logo, which was penned by Chrysler designer Vince Galante, who also happens to be a Viper owner himself, earned its name at the 2010 Viper Owners Invitational in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Galante, who is in his early 20s, says that he was a fan of Transformers, GI Joe and the Thundercats as a kid: “I never looked at images of the Thundercats while I was doing the new logo, but after the fact, I realize that the new design has some elements of those graphics, but more intentionally has some lines that reflect the new Viper,” said Galante.

Mark Trostle, Head of SRT Design, commented: “Vince actually brought his pencil sketch to both Joe (Dehner) and me to review. We both said, ‘That’s it.’ We knew Vince had created a new icon. The new Stryker badge is the most refined, sinister looking and beautiful badge yet, just like the shape of the car.”

2013-SRT-Viper-Logo-2.gif

2013-SRT-Viper-Logo-3.gif

bam

Established Member
Sneaky Pete is still the only one that means "Viper" to me. Wish they'd go back to it, although I understand why they didn't.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
never realized they changed the logo. its great that they do. i think that's pretty cool. i definitely like the new one

ROMM

Established Member
I like the new logo. I am so glad they are going to continue building the Viper. I can't wait to see the new one in person! I wish they would do something with the way the V10's sound. 2 times I almost bought a Viper, but I just couldn't do it because of the sound. And one of them had aftermarket exhaust. Everytime one of my friends gets a Viper, I ride and listen closely to the sound of the car hoping my mind will change about the sound. Not that my M400 sounds much better lol.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Thundercats rule...

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking.

128706023628980066.jpg

Thundercats

Are on the move

Thundercats are loose

Feel the magic

Hear the roar

Thundercats are loose

Thunder, thunder