strut tower brace with jlt cold air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTCOBRRA

Established Member
does anyone have a strut tower brace that clears the jlt cold air kit maybe the one that clears the KB? thanks

Last edited:

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports has one that clears the KB. Not sure if it will clear the JLT though. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

Venimus03

Established Member
I don't think any STB will clear a JLT intake, your gonna have to keep the stock intake tube with a STB, just go with the JLT budget kit: Air filter, heat shield, and maf adapter, it works great!

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
Yes, the maximum motorsports KB strut tower brace clears the JLT. Here it is installed on a car with a KB 2.6....notice the JLT high boost intake installed.

attachment.php

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Yes, the maximum motorsports KB strut tower brace clears the JLT. Here it is installed on a car with a KB 2.6....notice the JLT high boost intake installed.

attachment.php

WOW! I was told that there was no stb that would clear the JLT! This is awesome, I might just look into it!

SVTCOBRRA

Established Member
thanks a lot, i have a 96 with your motor in it so i kinda need that brace, thanks again

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Yeah they make one for the kb2.8 to but will NOT clear JTL CAI federwell one.
Chris @ MM said ,you have to use stock air system BLAH!!
I have the 2.8 and jtl cai and would love a STB but I guess not yet.
You lucky 2.6 fellas.

Last edited:

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
looks like whipple to me

Yes, in that pic is a whipple...however that wasn't the point.

I'm guessing you don't read mod fords much...he was the test for the 2.3

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95088
1268melberger said:
Just installed Maximum Motorsport's "Kenne Bell version" strut tower brace. I have a 2.3 Whipple and they wanted to see if it would fit...it does.

I don't see why it wouldn't clear the CAI...it clears the high boost...and the CAI would be the same height...unless the 2.8 plenum raises it up some.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member

attachment.php
What the deal here. Is that an early JLT or a custom version? All of the JLT's I've seen have the MAF relocated to the fender. Please elaborate.
thanks

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
What the deal here. Is that an early JLT or a custom version? All of the JLT's I've seen have the MAF relocated to the fender. Please elaborate.
thanks
The photo shows the JLT "high boost" version, which leaves the MAF in the engine bay to allow the bigger 12" filter in the fenderwell. The regular "True Cold Air" version relocates the MAF into the fenderwell with a 9" filter.

Still seems like it would clear using this brace though...maybe someone else has tried it. If MM wants to send me one, I'll be the guinea pig!

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Yeah they make one for the kb2.8 to but will NOT clear JTL CAI federwell one.
Chris @ MM said ,you have to use stock air system BLAH!!
I have the 2.8 and jtl cai and would love a STB but I guess not yet.
You lucky 2.6 fellas.

I have the 1st version of the MM STB and the newer JLT CF CAI... and it clears just fine? I'm trying to find the pic... but, am having no luck.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread