Stripe removal?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Those can be had on the aftermarket and would be a step backward IMO. The new SVT wheels are hot! The Boss wheels and LS wheels are both a loss and unjust for this car.

OP not bad on the sticker removal.
I'm not a big fan of the stock wheels and they didn't last 24 hours on my Boss.

P1020475.jpg

I look forward to seeing photos with "Boss 302" on the sides.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
OP your car looks great without the stripes. I know its part of the heritage but the stripes look cheesy.

5 DOT 0 Those PP wheels look great, I was going to order a set for my car but bought the LS wheels and goin to have them painted silver.

203Cree

Established Member
I ordered a new set of oem stripes, and I'm going to use an exacto knife to cut out the "Boss 302" logo. The current Boss sticker looks great, but it's rough around the edges, hard to carve an existing sticker.

I plan to start with the Boss 302 section of the sticker, but I dont think it will look perfect. The 302 section of the oem sticker is clear, which means I will have to leave a black border around the frame, making the sticker look "boxy" instead of flush if it was just the black Boss sticker without the 302 part. I'll see what it looks like before I peel the back off of the sticker. I'll post up some pics before I make any final decisions. I'm also looking at some black 5.0 badges instead of the Boss/302. I think a black 5.0 badge would look badass. Stay tuned!

Picking up my Boss in a few hours with the American Racing headers/xpipe, air raid cold air, mgw shifter, metco lca + brackets, and tune from JMS :banana:

Why not get some black vinyl sheet, put the boss sticker with the backing still on it on top of it, then cut the letters out of both sheets? Do it right, you'd have a perfect set of "Boss" and "302" script in black.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I made a few changes with my decals again, figured I would update this thread......

Ok, I decided to remove the "Boss" sticker and try out a new look. The edges of the BOSS sticker were beginning to collect dirt and didnt look 100% perfect. So, for anyone wanting to go with that same look (BOSS only sticker/no c stripes) I suggest ordering a brand new set of oem stickers and trimming the "BOSS" section of the sticker before installing on your car. It will be easier to get a perfect seal around the edge when reapplying the new stick.

I installed a set of UPR's black billet "5.0" badges. I know some of you guys will not like it, but I think it looks badazz :rockon:.

IMG_9425.gif

IMG_9433.gif

IMG_9424.gif

IMG_9432.gif

IMG_9426.gif

The orange is VIBRANT without the c stripe, looks sick. I'll probably lower it and get a set of new wheels and tires in the spring. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Looks good! It is very difficult to capture CO in a pic, and I bet it looks awesome in person. My CO used to get compliments all the time.

IMO, it looked better with the "Boss" on the fenders.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I liked the BOSS sticker too, but it had to come off. The edges didnt look perfect. The 5.0 badge looks much better in person, hard to see in the pics. I might go back to the BOSS sticker in the future, but the c stripes will never be reinstalled.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I liked the BOSS sticker too, but it had to come off. The edges didnt look perfect. The 5.0 badge looks much better in person, hard to see in the pics. I might go back to the BOSS sticker in the future, but the c stripes will never be reinstalled.

:thumbsup: Yep, I think CO looks much better without the C Stripe. :beer:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
It is still a good looking car, but now with the 5.0 emblem looks like a CO Mustang GT with Boss parts.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
As a sticker expert, i can confirm that the stripes make your car faster. ;-) :dancenana:

I'd keep them, they are one of the things that make it a Boss. It looks too plane without them IMO.

Grant808

Established Member
Not sure I like the 5.0 ... but at least there aren't CO GTs rolling around. I understand about not liking the cut on the body sticker. I think you still need to try the BOSS 302 cutout stickers.

There's a black GT Boss clone around here. I think it looks pretty good...

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
I think it looks awesome without the stripes!!
I want to redo all the gloss black in matte black on mine and add matte black wheels, but there are a million other things to do first. :dw:

Did you ever decide on doing this mod? I did and love the look. You can get a set of matte black stripes from this guy [email protected] under $100

I can post up pics of my YB if you would like.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Why dont you put a custom BOSS badge instead of the 5.0? If i had a Boss, id want people to know its a Boss, and not a GT with a body kit.

I havent found any Boss specific badges, but would entertain the idea if I found a nice looking one. I'm not too concerned if people think it's a GT, I know what the car is. Besides, my plates are BOSS 3OH2, which should help clear up any confusion. I really like the billet 5.0 badges, pics dont do it any justice. I just know I hate the fugly Boss stripes on the orange paint, really dulls down the color. I like the Boss stripes on other color Boss's, just not orange.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I havent found any Boss specific badges, but would entertain the idea if I found a nice looking one. I'm not too concerned if people think it's a GT, I know what the car is. Besides, my plates are BOSS 3OH2, which should help clear up any confusion. I really like the billet 5.0 badges, pics dont do it any justice. I just know I hate the fugly Boss stripes on the orange paint, really dulls down the color. I like the Boss stripes on other color Boss's, just not orange.

100% agree. That is why I never put the black "Cobra" inserts on my CO, as I felt that and black wheels dulled the look of the paint. Obviously you are not going to put a set of chrome wheels on the car, but that really makes the paint pop!

Users who are viewing this thread