Stripe removal?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Has anyone removed their C stripes? I have mixed feelings about the stripes, I like them because they represent the Boss, but then I'm not a big fan of stickers. Would it be blasphemy to remove them?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Has anyone removed their C stripes? I have mixed feelings about the stripes, I like them because they represent the Boss, but then I'm not a big fan of stickers. Would it be blasphemy to remove them?

I say do it and show off the awesome orange! You can always put them back on.

Grant808

Established Member
Remove the stickers? I thought that's what makes the car faster and handle better? ;)

I don't like stickers either...but I'm leaving mine on. I had a few thoughts about having everything removed and re-painted on, but I hate to think about doing anything that changes the original car that is not easy to undo.

But if you reeeally want to do it, I would just make sure you have a replacement set in hand. It looks like you don't keep cars very long?

EDIT:
I was thinking of getting a silver LS and changing it to the black stripes/accents/roof...but it just seemed wrong. Now that were discussing it...I don't think it would be a bad idea. Make it the way you want it.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I only want to get rid of the side stripes, nothing else. I "plan" to keep this car for a long time, really like it. I guess I can always have them put back on if I miss them, but I dont think I will.

I'm still holding my cards, but might remove them today or tomorrow. Guess I'll be the guinea pig for the group, hopefully it'll help others decided if they want to go the same route.

Grant808

Established Member
I don't dislike the look, but I don't like stickers or caring for a car with them. Plus I think they would look better painted, like the roof. The stickers are neither glossy nor matte, and they look like they have a clear border, so they don't look like really clean lines up close.

It's a good thing I didn't buy the car for just the looks...:lol1:

SCMOKN

Established Member
I just removed the decals from my GT/CS. I say go for it!

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
ok, fug it....I'm gonna remove the side stripes. I'll post up some pics later today/tomorrow :beer:

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
im sure it would affect the value somehow,unless you're like me and dont care about that shit i would do it

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
im sure it would affect the value somehow,unless you're like me and dont care about that shit i would do it

The would only be considered if he sold it, but he has no intention of doing that.

OP, I think it will look naked at first but definately look good. Props to you for stepping out of the crowd.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
its true. the stripes are part of a boss 302 signature. you can always reapply the decals at any point and nobody would be the wiser. ive never heard of a car losing value for having factory replacement stripes.

that said, the painted accents leave the car looking like its missing something when the stripes come off. imo that is.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
As much as I'd yank the tape off in a heartbeat were your car mine, Rob is on to something. I think you have to make a couple of other changes if this is your plan. Here's a Boss where a guy did just what you are contemplating...

nakedBoss302.jpg

IMHO, the wheels need to go. Without the stripes, the car has lost a focal point. With a blank canvas, your eyes need to be attracted to something more. My suggestion would be to remove the wheels and go with something with a bit more "edge" - if you will.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
As much as I'd yank the tape off in a heartbeat were your car mine, Rob is on to something. I think you have to make a couple of other changes if this is your plan. Here's a Boss where a guy did just what you are contemplating...

nakedBoss302.jpg

IMHO, the wheels need to go. Without the stripes, the car has lost a focal point. With a blank canvas, your eyes need to be attracted to something more. My suggestion would be to remove the wheels and go with something with a bit more "edge" - if you will.

Just looks like a nice 5.0 now lol

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

nakedBoss302.jpg

Just looks like a nice 5.0 now lol

Looks cheap

The pic of the white car does no justice, however the CO with only the side stripes removed will look great.

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
I replaced mine with a set of matte black stripes all around from promotorstripes. While they were off I did not like the look of the bare Boss.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
OP, it's your car so do what you want. The stripes can easily be replaced if needed. I've been thinking of removing the white hood decal for two reasons. The orange peel look is not appealing and I like the cleaner look of the LS. I'm waiting for someone else to do it first so if you remove your decals start with the hood and take a photo before removing the side stripes. :beer:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
may i say that i have a lot of experience with the no stripes boss 302. it was quite contriversial. yes, its real and yes it was supposed to be that way.

Bajabackyard023.jpg

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I havent pulled the trigger yet, was a little busy this weekend. The good news is that replacements stripes are only $114 from American Muscle if I happen to miss them.

Users who are viewing this thread