Stripe removal?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I havent pulled the trigger yet, was a little busy this weekend. The good news is that replacements stripes are only $114 from American Muscle if I happen to miss them.

Do it and don't look back. The CO will pop without them and still be very distict. Can't wait to see the results.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
before...

IMG_9221.gif

After :banana:

IMG_9223.gif

IMG_9225.gif

IMG_9228.gif

IMG_9230.gif

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I think it looks cleaner. I'm also playing with some ideas with an oem 5.0 badge, painted flat black.

I'm installing a black retro grill tomorrow, will post up some new pics.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
thanks! Here's are a few more pics...

IMG_9246.gif

IMG_9247.gif

new tags

IMG_9241.gif

American Racing headers, being installed in a few days :banana:

IMG_9248.gif

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I think it looks awesome without the stripes!!
I want to redo all the gloss black in matte black on mine and add matte black wheels, but there are a million other things to do first. :dw:

metaman

Established Member
I still don't understand the factory wheels they put on the car. It would look great with a set of black bullets on it.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Wheels and tires are next on the list :beer:

I've owned the car for less then 2 months, so far I've tinted the windows, clear bra, full exhaust, cold air, lower control arms, programmer, 2012 GT500 clutch pedal assembly, baseline dyno pull, baseline qtr mile dragstrip.......and an mgw on order. And I pulled the strips off, haha!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Wheels and tires are next on the list :beer:

I've owned the car for less then 2 months, so far I've tinted the windows, clear bra, full exhaust, cold air, lower control arms, programmer, 2012 GT500 clutch pedal assembly, baseline dyno pull, baseline qtr mile dragstrip.......and an mgw on order. And I pulled the strips off, haha!

What wheels are you going with?

Your almost as bad as me. Picked mine up in June. Day two it had tint, a line lock, drag radials and baseline dyno pulls with and without a custom Lund tune. Day 3 it went to the dragstrip. At 400 miles I put a one piece driveshaft on it and drove it to CA from TX where it stayed at Kenne Bell's shop for two months.

Now it has a 3.6 LC Mammoth, 75lb injectors, Centerforce DYAD twin disc clutch, MGW shifter and over 850 rwhp on 20psi. It's been back to the 1/4 mile track a few times and ran 3 passes at the TX mile on 15.5 psi. Next week we install a driveshaft loop and 6 point Wolfe Racecraft rollbar.

I still need to do the exhaust, entire suspension and an E85 fuel system capable of supporting the HP. After all that, I'll focus on the pretty mods. :)

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Probably TF but not sure which set, and I'd also like to have some wheels/tires for the drag strip. The stock wheels/tires don't suck, look much better in person, but they still need to go.

Your car is nuts, can't imagine what an 850whp Boss would feel like :eek:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I still don't understand the factory wheels they put on the car. It would look great with a set of black bullets on it.

:xpl: Bullitts do not belong on this car and have been around since 01'.

Probably TF but not sure which set, and I'd also like to have some wheels/tires for the drag strip. The stock wheels/tires don't suck, look much better in person, but they still need to go.

Your car is nuts, can't imagine what an 850whp Boss would feel like :eek:

Gloss black Chicane, chrome lip, no assembly bolts, and chrome center cap. :rockon:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I liked it better with the factory stripes, but it does look better that I thought it would without them.

What about getting '302' numbers done in the same font as the 'Boss' and put them right below the 'Boss' on the fenders?

Fuerza

Established Member

Those can be had on the aftermarket and would be a step backward IMO. The new SVT wheels are hot! The Boss wheels and LS wheels are both a loss and unjust for this car.

OP not bad on the sticker removal.

Grant808

Established Member

Well they were trying to replicate the alloy wheels from the '69 Boss :shrug: Torq-thrust/Bullitt rims are overplayed. I don't love the new rims, but I think Ford did the best they could going from a 15" design to a 19" one. LS rims just needed to be black like the FRPP ones.

I like the idea to add the 302 underneath. Might clutter it up, but worth a try. Especially for somebody who switches to all matte stickers.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I ordered a new set of oem stripes, and I'm going to use an exacto knife to cut out the "Boss 302" logo. The current Boss sticker looks great, but it's rough around the edges, hard to carve an existing sticker.

I plan to start with the Boss 302 section of the sticker, but I dont think it will look perfect. The 302 section of the oem sticker is clear, which means I will have to leave a black border around the frame, making the sticker look "boxy" instead of flush if it was just the black Boss sticker without the 302 part. I'll see what it looks like before I peel the back off of the sticker. I'll post up some pics before I make any final decisions. I'm also looking at some black 5.0 badges instead of the Boss/302. I think a black 5.0 badge would look badass. Stay tuned!

Picking up my Boss in a few hours with the American Racing headers/xpipe, air raid cold air, mgw shifter, metco lca + brackets, and tune from JMS :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread