Street Racing In Cali LOL

LethalDosage

Banned
gotta watch the vid. lol this reporter is such a douche and its obvious he knows nothing about cars.
"if u push these buttons here, it will turn from a regular car into a street racing mobil!" lol

and if this is repost then im a douche

Cops Crack Down On Street Racers

Last edited:

saleen012

Established Member
the reporter was definitely a tool... but i gotta give major props to the police chief for downplaying that it wasn't the car but instead the mindset of the driver and for also downplaying the reporter's bashing of movies like the fast and the furious and placing blame on things like road rage

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah thats that new Exhaust reversion system ive been hearing so much about. You mount the exhaust pipe in the front bumper..so it sucks in air and expels it..and forces it into the engine lol. All kidding aside they people who are actually going to watch that news cast for the most part were house moms and old folks. They have no idea what hes trying to explain anyway.

svt155

TTERMI
Established Member
and if the intake, programer, seats, and exhaust cost 15g then i got a hella deal on my tt kit lol

LethalDosage

Banned
the reporter was definitely a tool... but i gotta give major props to the police chief for downplaying that it wasn't the car but instead the mindset of the driver and for also downplaying the reporter's bashing of movies like the fast and the furious and placing blame on things like road rage

I agree on that point. but for god sake..im preety sure most the mods on that thing were legal!

:nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know nothing about CA laws, but the engine mods don't look illegal to me. ??

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
The only thing thats "not street legal" is the headers, we're not supposed to change the location of any cats here in cali, and those stock Bseries motors have their first cat under built into the collector.

but haha... "the intake manifold allows more air into the motor making it unsafe" rofl.

they started a campaign in the Riverside/San bernardino county area a couple years back, where they actually had undercover cars that looked just like anyone elses rice machine... then they would be outside videotaping all the cars racing, and make sure to get the license plate on video, then they would block off the street with tractor/trailers with car carriers, so everyone was trapped... then they would just play the tape back... put some cars on the trucks, and take them directly to the CRUSHER!!! anyone else participating in the scene would get theyre car impounded for 30 days.. some nights they would take 150 cars total.

ya... thats about the time i stopped hahaha

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Wow, that reporter was a regular Vin Diesel, lol. I agree on the Police Chief being pretty cool about it.

laruei

Established Member

That intake could have been illegal due to a missing CARB sticker (which basically means california got paid to say it was ok in the state).. most mods are legal IF you get the carb sticker.. i will have to disagree about the header though.. thats a type-r and they came from the factory with a header.. thus that one "should" be legal in that respect.

and the whole cars getting crushed automatically just for racing.. they cant do that.. i saw a news article where the only time they could do that was if stolen parts were found on the car... its more of a witch hanging if you ask me to scare people into slowing down..but im sure its worked on a few people.. :beer:

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member

Agreed, I'm not sure what these reporters are talkin' about when they say if you modify your car it's illegal. What they need to say is if you drive like a stupid a** then your car gets impounded. Cops out here love to target those with modded cars or trucks though, I lost count how many times I was pulled over or followed in my old lowered Sonoma.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
police chief was def. cool!!!

+1, You can tell the chief was trying to send the right message to media and the reporter kept on trying to throw some curve balls in.

I love when he starts talking about interior and how it changes into a unsafe car wtf, it becomes unsafe by how you drive.

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
The comment that they guy made on the Gtech or whatever it was is just retarted. I wonder what car that reporter drives. Prius or some other hybrid car maybe?

antiv6

Established Member
they should have got a better example of a modified street racing car than an integra with an intake and race button lol

Users who are viewing this thread